Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Custom POI - disables when exiting
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom POI - disables when exiting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Custom POI - disables when exiting Reply with quote

Hi,

Like a few other people here I've just changed to CoPilot Live 7 after being a TomTom user for four years (after continual problems with support and trying to get TT activated on new PDA's). I like the look and feel of CP and it loads and runs much quicker than TT (I'm using an XDA Orbit 2).

I have a minor (but nevertheless, annoying) problem: I've loaded the Pocket GPS World Safety Camera database and it integrated fine into Copilot. I've gone into POI settings and clicked on Custom and sure enough I get both the display and the voice warnings. But if I go back into edit POI, Custom is now unchecked. This happens whether I have stayed in CoPilot or exited the software and gone back in. When I exit CoPilot and load it up again, unless I go into edit POI and highlight Custom again, I don't get the cameras on the map or the verbal warnings.

I've checked through the User Manual etc but come up blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Graham.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Your findings are good, bad, indifferent ? Reply with quote

Would you care to give us your pros/cons to date , as I too, will be thinking of changing if TT6 is the end of the road for standalone devices.....and this after many years with TT. I bought my first version in Holland, pretty expensive too, and then worked my way up in the UK with 3 and so on.
kai666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom POI - disables when exiting Reply with quote

Gat wrote:
I've gone into POI settings and clicked on Custom and sure enough I get both the display and the voice warnings. But if I go back into edit POI, Custom is now unchecked. This happens whether I have stayed in CoPilot or exited the software and gone back in. When I exit CoPilot and load it up again, unless I go into edit POI and highlight Custom again, I don't get the cameras on the map or the verbal warnings.

Graham.

i found this, but the new settings do remain despite being unchecked. I wanted petrol station flashed up enroute, but the tick never stayed. Petrol stations do however show enroute. So don't worry, the settings that you want will still work
Gat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the responses:

kai666: I'll stop looking at the settings and see if the Safety Cam warnings stay on, although I'm sure I tried that and the Safety Cams didn't appear. But I shall try again and report back. Thanks.

FrequentFlyer: I'm still getting 'into' CoPilot (as you can see from my question) but so far I love it! It seems to have a much smaller 'footprint' than TT and so everything works much quicker, especially when first loading up and also with the menus.

The display is very good and just as informative and in some cases, is better than TT. The Safety Cams appear with the speed restriction and your current speed which is very useful. The choice of display is good, from 3D to standard 2D, or 2D that magnifies as you get to your junction so it's clearer to see where you have to turn.

The ability to specify your normal road speeds for routing purposes is good to have back (I think TT dropped it from the PDA version after Vers 3).

On the downside, the POI are only configurable to the point of 'yes you have it or no you don't'. You can't determine a warning sound or different distances for each POI - only the distance of the warnings for all of them en masse. But that's actually not as bad as I thought - maybe I used to get too tied up with setting individual distances and different warning sounds in TT! (I must add here that as a new user, I haven't found a way to change these individual settings for the POI and I'm assuming that I would have found it by now. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on this forum will point out if I'm wrong).

In summary, I'm really pleased I made the jump to CoPilot and wouldn't consider going back to TT. CoPilot is easy to work, very quick to load and so far seems to provide reliable routing and info.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Graham.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: