Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SD Cards & Subscriptions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SD Cards & Subscriptions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tullyh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: SD Cards & Subscriptions Reply with quote

I've got two Garmin Nuvis on order (250W and 610) and these will be my first satnav units.

I live in N.Ireland and I want to have a camera/POI database for the UK and the Rep of Ireland. There is a helpful thread which admin pointed me to after my first post which describes how to do this. It recommends installing the files on an SD card rather than the unit, being a newbie I've no idea what size of SD card I require. I'll be installing both European and UK camera/POI files, so what capacity of SD card do I need guys? Is any brand of card ok or does the Garmin Nuvi prefer certain brands?

As soon as they are delivered and I get two SD cards I'll have two units to update. I'm going to take out a subscription with pocketgpsworld and use the files available here. So does one subscription cover me for updating both units?

Thanks in advance .... John
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one of these that I can answer is the last one ... Yes, one subscription allows you to download and install the database on up to three devices in your household (which is fortunate, cos' I've got three myself!).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
tullyh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
The only one of these that I can answer is the last one ... Yes, one subscription allows you to download and install the database on up to three devices in your household (which is fortunate, cos' I've got three myself!).

That's a good start Dennis, I can see from your sig you are a TT man and may not know if Nuvis have a liking/dislike for certain brands of SD card. Do you however have any idea what capacity of card I will require?

Thanks
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: SD Cards & Subscriptions Reply with quote

tullyh wrote:
I'll be installing both European and UK camera/POI files, so what capacity of SD card do I need guys?

1GB card should be fine.

Any good make will work fine:

Sandisk - A-Data - Fuji - Kingston - Lexar - etc
tullyh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: SD Cards & Subscriptions Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
tullyh wrote:
I'll be installing both European and UK camera/POI files, so what capacity of SD card do I need guys?

1GB card should be fine.

Any good make will work fine:

Sandisk - A-Data - Fuji - Kingston - Lexar - etc

Thanks Mr Pocket, I'll try to get two tomorrow then.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: