Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x980t v7 europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x980t v7 europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greychin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: x980t v7 europe Reply with quote

hi guys,
does anybody know if michelin have anymore copies of v7 full europe for my x980t? i was watching the vm website and waiting for my refund for the 2 year sub. i was going to spend that on a v7 europe update. i have the v6 europe version. if i buy v7 uk version will it destroy my europe maps? (that would be a shame as it worked very well in mallorca last week)
any ideas where to try next?
cheers
mart
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Check this link, you can get to it from the new site front page on the right hand side under GPS Navigation banner (Blue background)

http://shop.viamichelin.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mart,

As you will see from my message from VM a while ago, there will be no more V7 Europe maps from VM:

Further to your message, we inform you, if you did not know, that Viamichelin has decided to live the PND market. For that, the production has stopped, and the stocks of Version 7 European maps are out. This does not prejudiciate the good functionning of your device, and the updates such as the speed cameras are still available.

You will also know that V7 maps come with V7 software, some say with a much improved UI over V6. I'd be very surprised if the V6 Europe map (presumably) that you have would work under V7 (or, come to that, any POIs you may have). I would have expected you would have to do full Installs to switch between the two, assuming that didn't produce problems of its own. I'd be very wary given the current circumstances not to run any risk of currupting your 980, but I haven't done this myself so obviously can't be sure. But unless someone else can give you an authoritative answer, I'd definitely check with VM before you did this!
greychin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your info. i'm kicking myself for not buying a copy earlier. why did they stop production? its only a card copied from their servers. not rocket science. oh well. any body want to sell me a copy? v7 europe for a x980t. must be a few people who have the need for a few quid?
cheers mart not matt!
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mart my keyboard was dislexyc (sp) Wink

I think you may find that the maps / software etc are bound to one device via codes. I saw the site and assumed that maps were still available otherwise they would remove the link, stupid me.

johnandmarkuk (and probably others) has / did have a 980T for sale, maybe you could do a deal. See the For Sale forum.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: