Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Downloading Maps CoPilot Pocket PC4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Downloading Maps CoPilot Pocket PC4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Downloading Maps CoPilot Pocket PC4 Reply with quote

I purchased Pocket PC4 jacket to be used with an iPAQ5500. I haven't installed anything yet, just reading the instruction sheets. I have a 1GB Compact flash card. Would it be possible to download all the map info to that card so that there wouldn't be any need to download "map areas" piecemeal? All the maps would be available at all times.

If it is posible, what would I download? The entire data disc, or only certain files.?

Thanks for any help

Gene
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well firstly it depends on where you are, are you in outer mongolia, or Europe or US ? (hint:update your profile-it makes answering your questions a whole lot easier!)

I don't see any problem, if you've got a European country specific map then it will easily fit, Europe or North America I'm not too sure.
Gene
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Downloading Maps Reply with quote

Sorry about the lack of location, first time that I have done this sort of thing. I am in South Carolina, USA. I checked the CD that says Data for NA (North America I suppose). The whole disc had something like 6oo meg on it, so I could easily copy the entire disc to the 1 gig card. Would that be the thing to do? Just simply copy the whole disc to the card?

Thanks for any help

Gene
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The disc will be compressed, so you won't physically be able to copy it and get it working, but run it through the ALK map installer and install all the maps to the PC then transfer these to the Pocket PC and you might get a large proportion of North America on there. I'm not sure how large the complete NA maps are but it should tell you on install.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: