Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Delete Mistakenly Set Mobile Camera TT520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Delete Mistakenly Set Mobile Camera TT520

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacla1966
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Delete Mistakenly Set Mobile Camera TT520 Reply with quote

Hi, first time poster - and no techno-phobe Embarassed - so please be gentle!!

Purchased a TomTom Go 520 and was setting it up in house when I mistakenly set (but didn't report) 2 mobile cameras at my home. I have searched the internet for information on how to delete these from my TomTom but cannot find anything, and would be obliged if anyone could tell me how to remove them (in laymans terms).

Thanks in advance
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Delete Mistakenly Set Mobile Camera TT520 Reply with quote

Hi, and Welcome! Thumbs Up

lacla1966 wrote:
....would be obliged if anyone could tell me how to remove them

Presumably, as this is your first time here... you are talking about the Speed camera data that TomTom themselves supply, (they put an out of date copy onto new machines to tempt you).
Well, I'm afraid that is one of the reasons why most people here don't use it - you can't remove them!

This is one of the big problems with their database. There is no way to edit or correct the (often) wrong data that is there already, and also no way to remove or change anything you have reported.

But....I thought that nothing actually shows up on your machine when you "add" a camera? So no harm has been done as yet - am I wrong there?

Also, even if you HAD reported it, as TomTom will never get another report of a camera at your position then (because they will always want confirmation from other sources) they will never add it to their published data either.

So I don't think you need to worry.

Having said all that, I suggest you click on one of the camera symbols on the left or right of his page and investigate the FAR superior database from this website.
With that one you can add/remove/edit your own cameras to your heart's content!

But please only SUBMIT the right ones to PGPSW for verifying and inclusion on the published database, otherwise the "verifiers" will have to come and physically check out your house!! (Although we might forgive you if you make us a cup of tea!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: