Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Confused
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrazB75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

Hi,

Just bought TomTom One v3. (Europe).

I loaded on TomTom Home and clicked for required updates. 900 odd mbs

I had to uninstall virtually everything for the new stuff to be downloaded.

I left it to download overnight and when I looked this morning it said that there was an error downloading. As I am an idiot, I didn't take note of the error code.

Anyway, I fired up TT again and it appears to be working OK. I went back into TT Home and it said that the only download needed was now was
Mapshare updates. So I assume that it's all OK, but I'm not sure if I have the most up to date software and maps.

The information on my TT says the following:

App 7.166

GPS v1.21, Boot 5.5001

Map: Western Europe v675.1409

Can anyone tell me if this is the most up to date?

Thanks
Grahame
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your app 7.166 is the latest version, I beleive.

Your Map version 675.1409 is not the latest version. The latest version is 715. This should be available to you free of charge using the latest map guarantee if you have just bought the unit and it is new (not refurbished).

If the "Use latest map guarantee" option in Home is not working for you (it often doesn't) you will need to raise a support ticket with tomtom to get them to add the map to your account. They will probably want a copy of your receipt before they will do this.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you have not mentioned making any backups.
Before you do ANYTHING to your machine you should make a complete backup using Windows Explorer (not the TomTom Home backup)
Instructions are in the FAQs at the top of this forum section.
GrazB75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Still confused Reply with quote

I have received a reply to my question from TT

Dear Mr Beard,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

The code that appears on the green leaflet that came in the box for your TomTom, is the latest Map Guarantee Code. It is not a promotion code for free Safety Camera PLUS Services as the device that you have, the Safety Camera Alerts already installed.

This code is no longer required as TomTom has built in the latest map guarantee option into the TomTom Home software.

The Latest Map Guarantee Code is used to ensure that you have the latest map installed on your device. It entitles you to a free download of the latest Map within 30 days from the date of purchase.

To Download and install the latest map guarantee, please do the following

1. Connect the device to the computer
2. Open TomTom Home
3. Make a complete backup of your TomTom device,
4. Once you have made a backup, In TomTom Home, click on Tools Use latest map guarantee

This will offer you the latest map as a download if it is not already installed on your device and you are within 30 days of you first connecting your TomTom to your computer.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

I did as they asked and opened TomTom Home

The message came up:

The latest map guarantee does not apply to the map that is currently installed on your TomTom device.

I appear to be going around in circles. Any advice?

Thanks
Grahame.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Still confused Reply with quote

GrazB75 wrote:
I appear to be going around in circles. Any advice?

Go back to TomTom with the information as described by pcaouolte above. To be honest, I'm surprised that a new TT had such old maps installed, but I suppose it could have been old stock.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: