Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which TomTom Europe system should I get?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which TomTom Europe system should I get?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinkjon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Which TomTom Europe system should I get? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I want a TomTom which covers Europe and am a bit confused by the choice. Firstly, is the One New Edition Europe different to the One v3 Europe? I thought they were different but a review made me think otherwise.

A friend says I ought to get a system with a memory card slot for when I want to upgrade with new maps - would people agree? In which case it seems that only the One New Edition Europe or One XL Europe are the only ones with card slots?

I've never used any form of Satnav, so would the larger screen on the XL really be of use to me as a beginner, is it worth paying extra for?
blazer666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Im getting the TomTom520T its widescreen and has automatic traffic updates (live) built in, bluetooth so you can use you phone handsfree (and it reads texts out too, it also has FM transmitter so you can play the tomtom sounds over your car stereo. If you want European maps the get the 720T its the same but with the Europe maps.

Im getting mine from www.ebuyer.co.uk the 720 is £169.48 inc vat and you can also get FREE shipping if you select super saver shipping. (takes 5 working days to arrive). Now thats a good deal. eBuyer are also excellent when it comes to returns too so if you have a prob with the sat nav, ebuyer just take it back and replace it for free.

[/url]
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tomtom 720 is a good buy at the moment at £162-49 at Curry's but this is because the X30 series of tomtom sat nav will be released soon .
The opinion is the 720 will in time be able to be updated with the newer software.
The decision is yours if you want to wait for the new X30 range or buy at the reduced prices
Tinkjon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies and advice, much appreciated!
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to suggest a Go 720 from Amazon at £164.90, but it's just gone up to £189. It's worth keeping an eye on Amazon though becaust the prices fluctuate a lot.

Amazon's current price for the One XL Europe is £145.

Post free for 5 day delivery, but mine came in 2 days
Tinkjon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! Well we went for the One XL Europe - was planning to get it from amazon but have sudden trip coming up which we need it for so I didn't want to choose the free delivery and risk having it not turn up, so we bought it from Halfords for £180 - it would've been £166 at amazon with fast delivery and we thought it was worth the extra £15 or so, for ease of taking it back if necessary. I have to say I'm not that impressed so far though Sad It's made a few mistakes already and it does seem to get a bit confused on roundabouts - it sometimes seems late in telling you which exit to take. Still the most exciting thing I've bought all year though Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: