Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Connecting TomTom 520 to N95-8g problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting TomTom 520 to N95-8g problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Connecting TomTom 520 to N95-8g problems Reply with quote

Hi guys looking for some advise on a connection problem I am having.

Connected my N95-8g to my TomTom 520 with no problems and all worked well, both bluetooth phone and TomTom Traffic worked well.

The problem is as soon as I power cycle the TomTom it is un-able to connect to the phone.

If I power cycle the phone or turn the TomTom on before the phone it all connects and works fine, but not if the phone is allready on.

Anyone got any clue as to whats wrong.

Thanks

Paul
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Connecting TomTom 520 to N95-8g problems Reply with quote

Paul80 wrote:
Hi guys looking for some advise on a connection problem I am having.

Connected my N95-8g to my TomTom 520 with no problems and all worked well, both bluetooth phone and TomTom Traffic worked well.

The problem is as soon as I power cycle the TomTom it is un-able to connect to the phone.

If I power cycle the phone or turn the TomTom on before the phone it all connects and works fine, but not if the phone is allready on.

Anyone got any clue as to whats wrong.

Thanks

Paul

No not really, sadly, other than to say this is exactly the same behaviour I experienced with my Nokia N80, Nokia E51, and now my Nokia N82.

I DO however find that ONLY using Wireless Data and not hands-free, makes for a more regular and reliable connection.

But as you say, on those occasions that the TT can't connect to Traffic, if I switch off and then on my phone, it then CAN.

Put it down to "best it is" alas mate.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to add to that list the N95 (The original) on a 910 (v7.163) with very similar problems.

For no apparent reason, when TT attempts to connect to the phone it's unsuccessful and attempts several times a second until I put it out of it's misery. IF it ever does connect, it doesn't establish a GPRS connection between TT & the phone to allow access to Plus etc.

This came completely out of the blue with no changes to either handset or TT software.

Now I take my USIM card out from my Data card and put it into an old N80 which works fine, to an extent. When I turn TT off I need to ensure I switch the handset off also. Then I need to switch the handset back on, THEN TT for it to connect successfully. This has to be done 3 out of 4 times after TT is switched off. I've also set wireless to data only.

What network are you with? I know Orange have been having National GPRS access outages recently.
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What network am I on

It would be orange wouldn't it.

I think I will fire up my old sony K800i and keep it in the car just for use with the TT as that never gave me any problems with TT.

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: