Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom one Blue tooth to mobile phone questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom one Blue tooth to mobile phone questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Tom Tom one Blue tooth to mobile phone questions Reply with quote

I own a Tom tom one and it's great so i noticed when I was about to buy another one for my wife to have as we keep fighting over who has it..

That they are advertising them as with Blue tooth and with out blue tooth??

what does this mean as I thought all standard Tom Tom One's where all able to be linked to your mobile phone with blue tooth setup on the mobile active and blue tooth set up on the tom tom set up?

is this not the case? I'm confused.........

BTW I just tried it with my mobile and the phone found the Tom tom one but the Tom tom couldn't find my phone.. ( they are next to each other ) and also my phone asked for a pass word to set the two up on a secure connection ( have a HTC tytn phone )
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new (ish) TomTom One Third Edition does not have Bluetooth, there are also a number of other things missing from that device, have a read of This Thread for more details.

The TomTom One with Bluetooth (if you can still find them for sale) will only use Bluetooth for a data connection, it cannot offer handsfree mobile phone calls, you would need an x20 device or even x30 when they come out.
The reason your phone won't connect is the lack of DUN profile on the phone, you can add this to the phone by downloading the DUN CAB installer from This page, once installed on the phone the TomTom should be able to connect to it - Mike
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks will just get a tom tom one. not the V3 we have seen them on Amazon £116 would be better that we both have the same ones.

Cheers
Cool

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: