Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help...Multi Stop Route Optimising.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help...Multi Stop Route Optimising.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren831
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Help...Multi Stop Route Optimising. Reply with quote

Help.
I need to buy a Sat Nav for my car. I do 10 stops per day and when I leave I want to key in all 10 destinations then I want the sat nav to calculate the fastest route round them all starting form home and ending up back at home.
Is there such a device?
Thanks.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would recomend either copilot 10 stops max or iGO as ive never yet hit the stop limit if memory derved correct then i think its about 99 stops both applications can optimize roue on the fly

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Alix776 when he says
Quote:
too much stuff to list current fav software iGO

I changed from TT to iGO and find it does all I want and more. You can tap in your destinations (via's) by Address, Postcode, Co-ordinates or by a tap on the screen. You can insert a push pin which makes it dead easy to tap on one and add as a via. Optimisation is fast, as is routing. You get a choice of Car, Lorry, Bus, Emergency vehicle, cycle or walking and Fastest, Shortest or Economical.

The PGPSW Safety cams can be added easily and a bonus, over the TT, is you only get a warning of speed cameras if you are over the limit, and they are directional so no false alarms.

Well worth putting on your list for comparison with others.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively, Autoroute 2007 has an "optimise stops" so you can do all your planning on a PC. Then use some converter software (e.g. ITNConv) to change it to Garmin or TomTom etc and then just upload it to your device.

Alan
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost_Property wrote:
I'm with Alix776 when he says
Quote:
too much stuff to list current fav software iGO

I changed from TT to iGO and find it does all I want and more. You can tap in your destinations (via's) by Address, Postcode, Co-ordinates or by a tap on the screen. You can insert a push pin which makes it dead easy to tap on one and add as a via. Optimisation is fast, as is routing. You get a choice of Car, Lorry, Bus, Emergency vehicle, cycle or walking and Fastest, Shortest or Economical.

The PGPSW Safety cams can be added easily and a bonus, over the TT, is you only get a warning of speed cameras if you are over the limit, and they are directional so no false alarms.

Well worth putting on your list for comparison with others.

due to iGO being linked to the sd card im mainly using cp7 now as i have everything on one device though iGO still does get used when i get to many drops to input into copilot Laughing

device Lumia 950 xl
garcor
Regular Visitor

Location: Nova Scotia & Florida in Winter Go 920 App 8.351 Maps NA 850 & C/W EU 830

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: tt or garmin and maping Reply with quote

I also think it is a personal preference as to TT or Garmin.
I just bought the TT Go 920 and I like many of the features on it over any other GPS out there at the moment.
(1) First of all it is loaded with 4GB of internal memory and will also handle a 4GB SD card giving you a total of *GB of memory.
(2) It comes with a remote so you don’t have to be reaching and touching the screen while driving especially good if you have in mounted on windshield and a deep dash.
(3) The best feature that I found with it is that you can plan say 1000 Mile trip on Google Maps and and using the Google Map interface drag the rout and make any changes that you would like and then save it as an itn file.
(this can be done by using this sitehttp://houghi.org/tomtom/index.php) on your TT or SD Card and when you are ready just upload it and you are all set to go.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a PND rather than software, the garmin nuvi 7xx range has multiple waypoints / trips and works very well.

MaFt
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes MaFt that is true but if you get out of the van its something else to carry or hide aswell as a phone all this takes time so a pda or pdaphone with gps is the easier solution as there would be less to carry around

device Lumia 950 xl
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true, but i was just giving all the options Laughing he ight not have a pocket pc?
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
true, but i was just giving all the options he ight not have a pocket pc?
Maybe he should, he could then keep a list of all his 'customers' in Contacts and pluck them out as and when required. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: