Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Jerky Screen.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Jerky Screen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Jerky Screen. Reply with quote

I am running tomtom navigator 5 on my hp rz1710 with poi warner. I have all my cameras showing individual speed limits. This causes the screen to run in jerks. Has anybody come up with a fix that can make my screen run smooth as well as being able to show all my cameras at the same time?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Change Preferences enable / disable POI and de-select every POI that is listed, use Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI for the alerts as this places far less burden on the processor.

While you are at it why not install a set of spoken alert files so you get true spoken warnings when approaching a camera? the download page is located Here - Mike
nt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: jerky screen Reply with quote

Thank you for a prompt reply. I have already done what you have suggested which, of course, solves the problem of a jerking screen. I just thought there might be a way of having all my cameras visible and also have my audible warnings as well, without compromising my screen refresh rate. If somebody could write a little bit of software that only made the camera visible when approaching, this would help reduce the load on the processer. I suppose the only way of solving this problem is to buy a more powerful pda.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: jerky screen Reply with quote

nt wrote:
If somebody could write a little bit of software that only made the camera visible when approaching, this would help reduce the load on the processer.
That is what the Warn When Near Function is for. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
nt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Jerky screen cured. Reply with quote

Mike and Richard, can I thank you both for your help. Last night I reinstalled my speedzoned cameras, downloaded spoken alerts and set up my warn when near as instructed. All is now running as smooth as silk. My problem was caused by my original poi warner which I purchased from Pocket Navigation. This I used when I ran tomtom 3 which had no warner of its own. From now on I shall only be using tomtom's own warner of which I am very pleased. Although, I shall miss the nice German girls voice which came with my original warner. Once again gentlemen, thank you for your patience.

Neil.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear its working again, the PDA you are using isn't the best in terms of processor power so any additional software running other than TT will slow it down (as you found).

If you want the original voices to be used for your spoken alerts do you still have them and if so what format are they .wav or .ogg or .mp3 etc. - it is not too difficult to use different audio files with the TT built in warning system if you want to do this let us know and someone will explain how its done - it doesn't take too long either - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: