Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 2100T. limited poi's and anything I can do about it?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 2100T. limited poi's and anything I can do about it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDorbuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Navigon 2100T. limited poi's and anything I can do about it? Reply with quote

Hello all, I picked up a Navigon 2100T for my wife for christmas and today was the first day "I" had time to use it. I have a Garmin nuvi 370 (usa + europe maps) so any comparisons will be to the garmin. We live in Connecticut and I wanted to find the closest Costco or Bj's wholesale clubs. The 2100T did not have or list these stores in it's poi database.
I even went as far as to enter the proper town and zipcode where the stores were located. The gamin had both listed by doing a quick poi search. I know the 2100T is the low end Navigon model but what are my options to add more and better poi's? Navigon's website does not list any updated maps. Can I purchase the 5100 maps for it and use those?
I find it strange that a gps unit would not have one of the more prominent stores here in the US not listed in it's poi database. It would be like a european model not having tesco's.

Thanks for any info.

Doug
Bristol, CT USA
Monza65
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The map files from a 7100 will fit and work on a 2GB SD card.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: