Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman Bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil-hx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Navman Bluetooth Reply with quote

Dear All

I cannot understand why I have to pair my Navman S50 with my Sony Ericsson K800I phone everytime I switch the Navman S50 on. My phone is automaticly set to pair with the Navman but everytime i switch the Navman on in the morning I have to pair the devices.

Navman have been contacted and they suggest not switching the unit off but to put it in standby so I do not loose the connection.

DO any other S Series owners suffer the same problems?
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman Bluetooth Reply with quote

neil-hx wrote:
Navman have been contacted and they suggest not switching the unit off but to put it in standby so I do not loose the connection.

So, does putting the unit in standby solve your problem or not?
neil-hx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TheM

It doesn't I'm affraid, I use the S50 to get me to my jobs and usually work for between 6-8 hours, when I set off again I'd prefer the Navman to connect to the phone without having to re-pair before proceeding on my journey.

To leave the unit on standby for so long would easily flatten the battery or my only other option would be to leave it in the car on charge, but then I would end up with a broken car window and no sat nav on my return.

Looks like I'll just have to put up with it.

Neil
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil-hx wrote:
To leave the unit on standby for so long would easily flatten the battery or my only other option would be to leave it in the car on charge,

Have you tried leaving it on standby for 6-8 hours? Fully charged battery should keep unit in standby for days, whether you use Bluetooth or not should make no difference since Bluetooth hardware should be turned off in standby.
neil-hx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks TheM

I will try this, I used the S50 on a job today but left it on charge in the glove box during work, on standby. When I left for home I just stuck it to my windscreen and away I went.

Cheers
Neil
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil-hx wrote:
I will try this, I used the S50 on a job today but left it on charge in the glove box during work, on standby.

Just to make sure Navman explained what they meant with "standby":
Standby: short press on power button (just a tap really) -- screen turns off, next short press on power button wakes up device and it shows the same screen it showed before -- unit does not go through map loading process. <-- pairing survives
Turn off: long press on power button (several seconds) -- screen turns off, short press on power button now does nothing, long key press on power button turns on the device which then shows warning screen (requires user to agree with conditions of use) and then proceeds through full map loading. <-- phone needs to be paired again
Ronaar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil,

Like yourself I have had the same experience.

After many tries I managed to get a pairing with my Samsung D500 and set my phone up to connect automatically but after shutting down I expected the connection to pair automatically.

I found that I was unable to get the dialing screen and found that the bluetooth was off on the Navman and I tried to swich it on again but it seemed to kind of lock up.

I went to Comet where I made my purchase and the salesman tried but got the same probs as myself. After making a phone call to someone he came back and deleted the pairing connection and set it up again and got it operating OK. He then switched off (or I thought he did) and when he rebooted the Navman again bluetooth showed OFF but he just waited and the unit changed to show bluetooth ON by itself and then daililng screen was available and OK.

He suggested that I was not waiting long enough for the connection to be made and as I saw what he did I had to accept his explanation. He did say that I should just put the unit on standby so now I am unsure if de switched off or put the unit on standby and I have not had the opportunit
to experiment by myself yet due to other commitments but I will possibly get some time tomorrow and I will report back.
neil-hx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnar

It seems to me that he put it in standby, I always leave mine like this now and no longer have an issue with the connection. TheM told me that this is how Navman have designed the unit and this was how models were designed in the past.

I think it should be made clearer in the manual though as it does seem to catch people out.

Good luck with it.

Neil
Ronaar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil-hx wrote:

It seems to me that he put it in standby, I always leave mine like this now and no longer have an issue with the connection. TheM told me that this is how Navman have designed the unit and this was how models were designed in the past.

Neil

Thanks for the info Neil. I have managed to get the same success as yourself by leaving the unit on standby.

I note you posted that you left your unit in the glovebox on standby in order to charge it up. Does this still work even though the ignition is switched off?
neil-hx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronaar

Yes I leave it plugged in to the cig lighter on my Ford Focus whilst I'm working, power to this is constant so I dont need the ignition on to charge the Navman up.

A freind of mine visited a local scrapyard and aqured a second cig lighter for his car, he then wired it to the existing power cables and has it in his glove box, his way the baddies looking in his car cannot tell he has a sat nav at all.

I need to do this too as I have the car charger poking out of my dash with the green light on and the black cable dangling from my glove box does look a bit obvious.

Regards
Neil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: