Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Expert advice on Navcore files needed....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Expert advice on Navcore files needed....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stirlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Expert advice on Navcore files needed.... Reply with quote

Hi Guy's

Right I have had to have TOmTom GO 715 installed in my van for work purposes.This is same as Go 710 as far as I know apart from the fact it also has a sim card in it so that it can be tracked via TomTom Workfleet .

The problem is the map on this is not so new and I want to update navcore so as to be able to add latest map.

I can do this no problem and it will work perfectly but and here is the big question...

The software in the original navcore obviously has feature for connecting to the phone network and to use the sim card...so can someone tell me which are the minimum files I need to overwrite on my original navcore so as to get the updated version but also keep the files for the G.S.M side of things.

It may not be possible but if it can be done I'm sure someone will know on here..

Cheers Stirlo...
Edit/Delete Message
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look here

Andy
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may need to talk to your work people before you do this. There are settings within the WORK software that may need to be re-applied after an upgrade.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WORK firmware is a specific set and you cannot mix and match components from the normal versions. You MUST use the WORK update.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

715?

Was that a "Work" specific model?
It doesn't appear as a model in the drop-down list on that TT Work website that Andy V linked to above.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 715 was the first iteration loosely based on the x10 series. I think later models used x20's with black box add-on.
stirlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your input guy's.

Yeh Darren you are right .If I update the navcore to the work update on tomtom work which is 8.302 at the minute then it does function as a normal unit and let me use latest maps but it does lose the menu items and the network connection .After emailing TomTom I got a reply saying that they did not have any plans to update this device as it is to be replaced by a newer model.My firm have just got 17 of these as well HaHa.
Well I will just have to leave GO 715 on for Tracking purposes and use my One which is fully up to date thanks to this site for my map features.

Thanks anyway people......

Stirlo....
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
715?

Was that a "Work" specific model?
It doesn't appear as a model in the drop-down list on that TT Work website that Andy V linked to above.

Didn't bother looking at the detail of the dropdowns - I am stuck in a hotel in Bristol with the worlds flakiest wireless connection and no mobile phone reception!!!

If it isn't listed there though don't use it unless you really know what you are doing and the implications Rolling Eyes

Andy
stirlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Yeh it is geared up to be used with work but instead of the black box it has GSM built in with simcard connected to mobile network for the tracking side of things.I used another sd card to try the 8.302 navcore just in case .If only I could work out which are the files for the network part of the unit then I think I would be on a winner.But hey you win some you lose some....

Stirlo............

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: