Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion Go Pal 210T system dead
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion Go Pal 210T system dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whome22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Medion Go Pal 210T system dead Reply with quote

I brought this sat nav about 2 years ago maybe and used it once for travelling. I found it to be not that good with routes as it took you down small country lanes instead of main roads when going to Alton Towers. I have had it in my loft for sometime now and want to give it to a friend as there first sat nav. But on powering it up it doesnt load up anything. I get it asking to install a memory card and yet never come with one because everything was on the inbuilt flash disk. I reset the unit by the 'o' menu like instructed in the manual but nothing happens, Im thinking the software is dead and missing all the files. Has anyone got this device and able to send me a copy of the files on the device to try get it going. I have e-mail Medion last week to hear nothing back whatsoever and think this is a beter palce to get help then the guys at medion. thanks very much Chris Newitt
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Medion Go Pal 210T system dead Reply with quote

Whome22 wrote:
I brought this sat nav about 2 years ago maybe and used it once for travelling. I found it to be not that good with routes as it took you down small country lanes instead of main roads when going to Alton Towers. I have had it in my loft for sometime now and want to give it to a friend as there first sat nav. But on powering it up it doesnt load up anything. I get it asking to install a memory card and yet never come with one because everything was on the inbuilt flash disk. I reset the unit by the 'o' menu like instructed in the manual but nothing happens, Im thinking the software is dead and missing all the files. Has anyone got this device and able to send me a copy of the files on the device to try get it going. I have e-mail Medion last week to hear nothing back whatsoever and think this is a beter palce to get help then the guys at medion. thanks very much Chris Newitt

Chris,
I'd try active sync first (explore the device via your pc)...the data cannot just disappear.
What do you have on the FD?
On the 205, you can reset to factory settings via the boot up panel (I think that the same goes for the 210T)
If you have the manual, can you not lay your hands on the CD Installation
Software?
As for the routing...you can set options in the navigation sortware, once it's up & running.

Cheers
DaveNN

ps...there was a bit of 'file sharing' going on, some time ago. This was (rightly) jumped on by the Mods...it may be illegal (??) BUT definately against the Forum Rules.
Will see if this thread is locked.
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
As Dave rightly says, we cannot "give" you copies of the install files but if you have the CD that came with your 210T I will happily help you rebuild it from the files on the CD.

Reply here or PM me if you need the help.

Regards
PsychoJock
(Medion 210T owner and tinkerer) Laughing
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoJock wrote:
Hi there,
As Dave rightly says, we cannot "give" you copies of the install files but if you have the CD that came with your 210T I will happily help you rebuild it from the files on the CD.

Reply here or PM me if you need the help.

Regards
PsychoJock
(Medion 210T owner and tinkerer) Laughing

you're a gent.....you are...you know that don't you?

ps There's a dirt cheap Gopal205 on Ebay at the moment...must be worth a punt!
Are you using the (Camera) voice alerts by the way??
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember how you and "him" helped me thru when I knew jack**** about these things and thought I'd try to help someone in the same way!!

Do you not believe in the milk of human kindness?!?!?

Gary
Laughing
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoJock wrote:
I remember how you and "him" helped me thru when I knew jack**** about these things and thought I'd try to help someone in the same way!!

Do you not believe in the milk of human kindness?!?!?

Gary
Laughing

Nope!!! Very Happy

'Him' has disappeared........not heard from 'HIM' in ages!!
Crying or Very sad
Him...if you're out there knock once for yes & twice for no.
Running Cameralert via Samsung S7 Edge

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: