Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - possible upgrade from nuvi 350 to nuvi 760 !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

possible upgrade from nuvi 350 to nuvi 760 !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: possible upgrade from nuvi 350 to nuvi 760 ! Reply with quote

Hello!

I currently have the nuvi 350 with V9 mapping and I'm thinking to upgrade it for the nuvi 760. Does anyone else have it? Does it worth the trouble? Also I'd like to ask if anyone knows if the 760 has any other differences with the 770 apart from the transatlantic mapping and if it includes any actual greek text as the 350 claims to have greek language support but it uses latin characters and it looks odd !!
I think I read somewhere that there are maps with cyrillic names so I guess it will use greek text for greek maps, but i'd like to ask someone who knows better!!!
Also if anyone is interested for a nuvi 350 with V9 mapping in mint condition with original packaging and extras, please let me know!

Thanks a lot! Smile
bradders2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: possible upgrade from nuvi 350 to nuvi 760 ! Reply with quote

tsdinos wrote:

I currently have the nuvi 350 with V9 mapping and I'm thinking to upgrade it for the nuvi 760. Does anyone else have it? Does it worth the trouble? Also I'd like to ask if anyone knows if the 760 has any other differences with the 770 apart from the transatlantic mapping and if it includes any actual greek text as the 350 claims to have greek language support but it uses latin characters and it looks odd !!

The only difference between the nuvi 760 & the 770 as far as I know, is the North American mapping and a larger internal memory. The other advantages over the 350 are the larger, clearer screen, text to speech, (spoken street names) and the ability to store up to 10 routes with waypoints which can be automatically optimised. It also has FM traffic with a lifetime subscription to Trafficmaster, Bluetooth for hands free phone use and an FM transmitter for playing the audio through a spare channel on the car radio, (if you can find a clear frequency!) The 760 has the 2008 mapping incorporated.

As for Greek language, it appears to support Greek, as "Ellivika" is in the list of languages, written in Greek text.

Chris B

Garmin nuvi 2595LMT
Garmin nuvi 760T
Memory Map Adventurer 2800
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot bradders! If the option for Greek language appears as "Ellivika" not only they haven't add greek text but they made it even more confusing! For example there are 2 ways to read greek text. One is with full latin/english letters know as "greeklish" where you use latin letters to describe the pronounciation of the greek word and the 2nd way is with proper greek letters! If it was greek it should appear like "Ελληνικά" and in greeklish it should appear as "Ellinika"
the letter "v" = N in greek but since the rest of the letters are latin is very confusing as it sounds as a "V"!!!!!!

Thanks again for the info though! I managed to have some look on the NT2008 mapping and it doesnt look much helpful to me. I live in Portsmouth and accross my house there is a main road which they have blocked its access to the vehicles for the past 3 years and yet there is the same mistake on the map as it was to the V9 !!!
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***UPDATE***

I just got some more info about the nuvi 760.

I just found out from a Greek retailer that it DOES support Greek text and possibly a greek TTS voice (i need to confirm that)

I also found out that since even the new NT 2008 has some improvments for Greece (added some street mapping on the city of Patra, Salonica and some improvments made on Athens) it still has very little roads for the rest of the country, so the retailer suggest an additional map that covers almost every city in Greece with street level map and a much more advanced road level on the countryside.
The company that has this additional map is called "Autodrive hellas" www.autodrivehellas.gr and these maps are fully combatible with the Garmin's nuvi series.

If anyone is interested to get a much better map for Greece (fully routable) PM me!
bradders2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsdinos wrote:
Thanks a lot bradders! If the option for Greek language appears as "Ellivika" not only they haven't add greek text but they made it even more confusing! For example there are 2 ways to read greek text. One is with full latin/english letters know as "greeklish" where you use latin letters to describe the pronounciation of the greek word and the 2nd way is with proper greek letters! If it was greek it should appear like "Ελληνικά" and in greeklish it should appear as "Ellinika"
the letter "v" = N in greek but since the rest of the letters are latin is very confusing as it sounds as a "V"!!!!!!

Thanks again for the info though! I managed to have some look on the NT2008 mapping and it doesnt look much helpful to me. I live in Portsmouth and accross my house there is a main road which they have blocked its access to the vehicles for the past 3 years and yet there is the same mistake on the map as it was to the V9 !!!

Sorry, tsdinos, the spelling in my earlier post was mine, not Garmin's.
The nuvi greek spelling was correct in Greek, not greekish. I was just too lazy to find Greek text!

Chris B

Garmin nuvi 2595LMT
Garmin nuvi 760T
Memory Map Adventurer 2800

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: