Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion PNA210t and Camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion PNA210t and Camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Medion PNA210t and Camera database Reply with quote

Hi All,

After not finding an exact match for my hardware on the Database page, I downloaded the .ASC file,which is what the existing data appears to be on my 210. I still get the warnings but I have a couple of issues that i need some help with if anyone can:-

1. I no longer get the on-screen icons(The Speed Limit signs or camera icons,Traffic Light Cameras etc)

2. The Specs cameras on the A2 Roadworks in Kent don't show.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated please!
Confused
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I don't know anything about the Medion specifically, but to get the icons on screen you probably need matching icon files.
On my unit, which uses ".ov2" datafiles, the icons are included in the download as ".bmp" picture files with the same names as the ov2's.
Do you get those in the download you made?
If so, just copy those to the same place as the .asc files and it will probably work.

2. Are you getting other specs cameras ok?
If yes then the ones you mention may simply not have made it onto the database yet (although I doubt it, if there has been a database release since they were installed). If no, then you may have installed more POI categories than your system allows (on mine it used to be 100 max until recently), or that particular file didn't get installed properly or you made a mistake with the "warn when near" settings for just that camera type.
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Yes i did install the BMP files too, but I'll check again just to be sure. As far as I can tell I don't get ANY specs camera's. I doo have a lot of POI categories installed thought, so I'll try to temporarily remove some and see where that gets me. Thanks for the help, I'll let you now hoe I get on!
Laughing
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Andy,
I've pruned the POI folder in my POIWarner folder back to 38 .ASC files, including the ones for the PGPSW Camera Database. I'll give it a go tomorrow at work and let you know if there is any change.
Smile
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
I can now get the icons and the warnings, but the icons are intermittent on screen. It is too slow to call it flashing but they alternate on and off the screen about every 5 - 10 seconds! Any ideas?

Regards
PsychoJock Confused
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid not...You're now at the stage where you really need someone who knows Medion gear. I've never even touched one!

All I can think of are general tests like taking off all the camera types and other POIs except one (that you know you can drive past) and seeing if that shows properly. If so, it would mean that you were overloading the system or your memory card (if you have one!) may be too slow.
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy,
I think I've got it cracked. I have two different versions of the Software.
The newest one is installed and in default use, tholder one(which has a better postcode database) is on my memory card. It looks like the older software cannot operate properly with the newer version of POIWarner that comes with the new software! I have stuffed a small memory card into it with just my UK maps(no trace of the old software!!) and Presto, it all works a treat, Icons, warnings et al!! I haven't tested the Specs yet as not been near any.
Thanks for the help anyway, Take it easy!!

Gary Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: