Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map upgrade- Before June
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map upgrade- Before June

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Map upgrade- Before June Reply with quote

Ok, clearly now I'm convinced that I'm not getting the free map upgrade for my 720 I have to give some thought to buying the damn thing. Here is my dilema.
Later on this year, probably between June and August I'm hoping to go on holiday to Rome. I intend to drive there. My quandry is do I buy the latest Europe map now and take advantge of the price decrease before it (allegedly) goes back up at the end of this month or is there likely to be another map upgrade by June to August? I would have thought so.

Pete
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not TOP SECRET that there IS a new map in test right now - others have commented somewhere else on this website that it's being tested by some GO720 owners during January and February (I'm one of them - NO, don't ask - I'm under a Non Disclosure Agreement not to give any information). I'd guess that if they've got it out on test with peasants like me, it'll be a new map for sale before your June/August holiday.

I think it would be reasonable to say the current sale offer is like any other January sales - end of line stocks etc, etc. Try and second guess yourself - will the new map be so much better than this sale one to make it worth waiting for, or will there be just a few changes affecting me so the present sale one will get me to Rome this year?

For what it's worth, I got to everywhere on the maps in 2006 (didn't go to Rome, but I'd be quite happy to do so on that old map right now - it got me to the Leaning Tower of Pisa OK). For what it's also worth, I can afford the higher price in June or whenever and shall buy the new map (I'll be getting one free for my testing services, but I've got two other GOs to buy it for) because I'm a right LAD (albeit 68 year old) who has to have the latest kit!

Anyway, you'll be hanging your bum out somewhere en route, if I recall correctly?? Serves you right for giving up on pestering TT for a free one.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dennis for confirming that a new map is pending.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: