Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - S50 speed camera problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

S50 speed camera problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webmonkeyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: S50 speed camera problems Reply with quote

I just got a s50 for xmas and im having problems with the camera locations, there not showing up they are listed in the POI menu but nothing is showing up on screen. Any ideas?
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 'poi alerts' menu you will find your camera entries. If you select a camera item it will show you some options. see page 82 of your manual.

Here you can select if the file will be used, it it will make a noise, display something, and how close you will need to be befor this'll all happen.

I am not sure if the Navman own database is setup in the same place but this is where the PGPSW files will be found.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
webmonkeyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had all them turned on but nothing is showing up, ive put gpsworlds one on and the icons showed up straight away
webmonkeyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think ive sorted it now, im used to using my pda with the pocket gps cameras on where they show as little icons the nav man just pops up with a speed sign. i must say they are very poor compaired to the pocketgps ones, i went past a 60mph gatso and it flashed up as a 30mph one & i went past a redlight cam thats been there years and the satnav never listed it
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using both the Navman and the PGPSW files? You can disable the Navman database in the main pois menu I think, and just have the PGPSW database. If it is the PGPSW database that is having the problem then it may be an input error if there are lots of errors, just re-istall the files to fix, or an incorrect submission if there are only one or two, in which case send in a correction on the submissions page of this forum.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Speed Cameras Reply with quote

The Navman (Roadpilot) database with the New S series is really excellent - intelligent

They are a) directional - so will only pop up if you are going in their direction

and b) speed sensitive - so will again only annoy you if you are speeding (or close to speeding)

Otherwise, the navman lets you go about your (and it's) business - driving and navigating
neil-hx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've been in touch with Navman today regarding a similar problem, I drove through my home town of Halifax using my newly purchased S50 and three recent speed camera installations did not show up.

I thought you could update the camera database supplied with the Navman as part of the 12 month subscription but they told me you had to pay extra to upgrade. It seemed strange to me because you wouldn't buy a computer from PC World and take it home running Windows 98 and have to pay to upgrade to Vista.

The advisor actually mentioned pocket GPS hence why I'm a new member. Have you installed the pocket GPS camera database and if so did your nav still perform as well as it used to.

I'm nervous about upgrading my software as I dont really know anything about donloading/installing and have read on hear that the device can start to loose performance because of the file size and content.

Many thanks
Neil
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Speed cameras Reply with quote

I haven't been passed a fixed camera that hasn't appeared on my Navman s90 (i subscribe for the updates) but remember they will ONLY warn if you are speeding (or close to) and in the direction of the camera - which makes good sense

Don't install the PGPSW database until S Series Service Pack 1 is released (soon) as it WILL slow down your Navman VERY noticably
neil-hx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the advise extraseller, will the service pack be available to me though as I have not subscribed to Navman. It was they that pointed me in the direction of this site.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Updates Reply with quote

Yes - the service pack is for the software on the unit, not the speed camera database. It's just that with the current version of the software it can handle up to 12,000 custom POIs - the PGPSW database is greater than that, so it really slows down the software really badly

The update will stop this from happening

If you install the NavDesk software and connect your unit up about once a week, when available it will install automatically
neil-hx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again xtraseller

I will wait until I the service pack before proceeding. To protect me against the cameras I'll get the wife to drive !

Cheers
Neil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: