Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO 720 Speech Recognition and handsfree problem.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO 720 Speech Recognition and handsfree problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: GO 720 Speech Recognition and handsfree problem. Reply with quote

Just when I thought I was getting it all updated and working ok it all goes tits up again. Last night it was working fine. Showed my daughter the handsfree working and she was impressed. Today I turn it on and I get a message asking if I would like to relay information about my journeys to TomTom. I answered no and then when I tried to enter the address for a journey using speech recognition it just didn't work at all. It asked me to say the city and the mouth logo was there but normally it turns green as you speak. Now it just stays red so it obviously can't hear me. I also tried handsfree again and although I can get a connection and ring another phone, when it's answered nothing is heard at either end.

I shall try the Clear Flash tool later this evening but if anyone has any other suggestions in the meantime I'd be very grateful. Beginning to regret buying a TomTom big time.

John
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try a simple prod of the reset button before resorting to using the clear flash tool set - Mike
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with Mike here. May also try and re-pair the connection from scratch if problem persists.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
Nodge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the reset button but it didn't seem to do anything. I held it in for 30 seconds as I've seen that suggested somewhere on this forum. With respect to the reset button the Quick Start guide says to press the button and then turn on the TomTom. In other words you press the button when the TomTom is off. Is that correct? Didn't sound quite right to me.

John
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't make any difference, the TomTom is never really "off" just resting.

Are you saying that you didn't see any difference when you pressed the reset? If it was on it should re-boot (loading bar across bottom of screen), and if it was off you should see it when you next switch on.
Nodge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remembed if I got loading bar or not. Just tried pressing reset again when switched on and it didn't reboot - just turned itself off. I turned it on again and and got the loading bar and speech recognition and handsfree are back again so thanks for that. I also noticed that I heard the tomtom sound when I switched on which I wasn't getting before.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Device is On when you do a Reset, the Reset Powers Off the Device so that the Memory is cleared, and you have to manually switch it on again.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: