Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2 tomtom's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2 tomtom's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomastank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: 2 tomtom's Reply with quote

Hi is it possible to have two tomtom's registerd on your pc. I have a go 510 and looking to upgrade to a 720t, but we need to use the two of them. will the tomtom web site keep them both uptodate? I have recently subscribed to the safty camers on tomtom web is it possible to transfer the data to my new tomtom.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need two email addresses, one for each tomtom device. Register one device against each email address and take care to log in using the correct email address for the device when downloading updates.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you log into your account in Tom Tom Home on your computer, it will identify the device you have connected and will check that it is the device which is registered to that email address. If it isn't, it'll offer you the opportunity to login with a different account (email address) which WILL match the device. You'll have to make two Update runs to get both devices updated (but, yes, it will update them both via the one computer)

AND you will not be able to use your TT Cameras subscription on both devices, because your subscription will be registered to only one email address for update purposes (another good reason for having the [far better] cameras from this PGPSW website, where you are allowed to have one membership and use the cameras for both devices, if they are within the same household).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
jrwc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a faulty TT one XL which was registered to my e-mail address through HOME. I am receiving a replacement from the supplier; shall I have any problem transferring the registration?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrwc wrote:
I had a faulty TT one XL which was registered to my e-mail address through HOME. I am receiving a replacement from the supplier; shall I have any problem transferring the registration?
If it was registered more than six months ago, you can change the device registration yourself just like that. Less than six months, you can't. If you then need to keep that previous account (e.g. if you had purchased anything via TT PLUS - Cameras, Maps etc which you need to run on the new device) the way to go about it is to contact TomTom support. At some stage, they will require proof of purchase/ownership/replacement.

If you don't need to keep the previous account, my advice is to forget it and create a new email address to register the new device against. Yes, it's a right royal pain that this is the way TomTom make us do it, but I have yet to hear of anybody who has succeeded in beating them at that game. Easier to go with the flow (I now have 5 email addresses, 1 for me and 4 for previous and present TT GOs).

Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Yes, it's a right royal pain that this is the way TomTom make us do it, but I have yet to hear of anybody who has succeeded in beating them at that game.

I did! (but then I'm a persistent bu**er Wink )
The only downside was that Home constantly tried to give me an old UK map again, every time I connected to it. But it's even given that up now (because it's now over a year since I bought it).
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
DennisN wrote:
Yes, it's a right royal pain that this is the way TomTom make us do it, but I have yet to hear of anybody who has succeeded in beating them at that game.

I did! (but then I'm a persistent bu**er Wink )
The only downside was that Home constantly tried to give me an old UK map

Not so, Andy. What you achieved was what I too achieved - your existing account to have your latest device on it. My 720 #7 is still offered three maps (it was 4 until the year ran out on the v660 map) - v675 for the 700, v675 for the 710 and v710 for the 720 #7). What I meant by beating TT's game was registering 720s #6 and #7 and 920 #1 on just the one email address.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: