Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 300T POI problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 300T POI problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funsize
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 300T POI problems Reply with quote

Yes, I'm brand new! Had my Nuvi a year, drive 1000 miles a week and I really like it though have never downloaded anything. As I'm now on 9 points Sad I was told about this site and to subscribe etc. So I've registered and am going to subscribe BUT before I do I thought I'd download some POI's to ensure it'll load. Problem being, after I've picked my catergories (and I only picked 2 different hotel chains and motorcycle dealerships), it keeps asking me to subscribe to a winzip programme for 30 euros!. As I don't want to do this I and therefore can't download any 'free' poi's, I am reluctant to pay my £19 to then discover I can't download the camera sites either- help! P.S. Whilt I'm aware this isn't directly related to this sub site, my mate said when you subscribe you also get roadwork/ new road updates along with the speed cameras but it doesn't say this anywhere- any ideas? Thanks very much, funsize,
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it keeps asking me to subscribe to a WinZip programme for 30 euros!

It (the PGPSW Website) does NOT ask you to subscribe to a WinZip program, the WinZip program you have installed on your PC and has now expired, asks you to do this. The fact you have downloaded the POIs means all is well here.

WinZip is NOT free software and you have used it beyond it's trial period. You now need to either buy it (from WinZip) or Uninstall WinZip and use another program such as 7-ZIP which is free.

Quote:
my mate said when you subscribe you also get roadwork/ new road updates along with the speed cameras but it doesn't say this anywhere- any ideas

Yes. This is NOT true.

Last edited by PaulB2005 on Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Funsize
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.thanks Paul I will try this!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Any problems just ask.

Oh and Hi and Welcome to the forum....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: