Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My TomTom One 3rd Ed Runtime Error xulrunner.exe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My TomTom One 3rd Ed Runtime Error xulrunner.exe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Army_Chap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: My TomTom One 3rd Ed Runtime Error xulrunner.exe Reply with quote

Wow
I just spent over an hour on the phone with TomTom (this is after three email exchanges that went no where) and they still couldn't help me!
I have a TomTom One 3rd ed. and when I turn it on it is stuck in the sync mode. So if I plug it in TomTom home tries to start but I get a "Microsoft Visual C++ Rntime Library, Runtime Error!" Error message. It says

"Program: C:\Program Files\TomTom Home 2\xulrunner\xulrunner.exe"
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
Yeah... a lot of good contacting them did me Evil or Very Mad . They had me delete and then re-install TomTom Home. That didn't help. They then told me that it is a window problem and to download all the new updates from Microsoft. I did this and still I get the same message. I search the message boards but couldn't find anyone with this same problem.
I can't use my TomTom because it is stuck in this sync mode. If I unplug the cord then there is this flashing "X" that shows up.
Can anyone help me with this???
Thanks
Chris
Army_Chap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the microsoft windows support page and they said there is a hot fix for this error message. They sent the hot fix and I installed it. I restarted windows and crossed my fingers...only to still get the same message. arrggg .
Any Thoughts??
shaun43uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Army_Chap

have you tried doing a full reset, remove SD card the hit the reset using a paperclip for at least 15 seconds, then hit the ON button for at least 5 seconds after you release the ON button you tomtom should br flashing to insert the SD card, reinsert you SD card then hopefully it will boot up.

This is what I would try next if the above doesnt work

As you cant get your tomtom to connect to your computer I would try connecting the SD card to your comp using a card reader then copy the contents of your backup file to your SD card
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaun43uk wrote:
have you tried doing a full reset, remove SD card the hit the reset using a paperclip for at least 15 seconds, then hit the ON button for at least 5 seconds after you release the ON button you tomtom should br flashing to insert the SD card, reinsert you SD card then hopefully it will boot up.

This is what I would try next if the above doesnt work

As you cant get your tomtom to connect to your computer I would try connecting the SD card to your comp using a card reader then copy the contents of your backup file to your SD card
Unfortunately the 3rd Edition doesn't have an SD Card.

Quote:
With no memory card slot the One Third Edition relies upon internal Flash Memory, 512MB of it is supplied with this regional model.

I did a Search for 'xulrunner', on this site, and all the past problems seem to be different to yours.

I did find This on the Web. Whether you have done the things they suggest, I don't know. But it might be worth a read.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
shaun43uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didnt realise 3rd edition didnt have an sd card.
Army_Chap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunatally, I have tried to intall TT home on all three of my computers have have gotten the same message. I have cleaned my registry, and have tried holding in the reset button and I am still getting the same message.
Guess it is time to waste more cell phone minutes on the phone with TomTom.
Thanks,
Chris
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you re-install HOME from the files on your PC, or did you download a new Copy?

Army_Chap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah..I thought of that too. I downloaded it from the TomTom home website.
Last night I was on the phone (mostly on hold) for over an hour and then the guy tried to transfer my call and it disconected me. Of course, by that time it was after service hours so when I called back it told me that the service center was closed...wonderful. However, they disconected me right before they had me format my TomTom. So now I have a really expensive 1 GB flash drive for sale if anyone is interested =).
They sent me the files to download (the US and Canada maps and TomTom operating system), but when I downloaded them and then tried to install them... you guessed it, more problems.
But formatting my TT did stop my runtime error message (yay..I think)
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Army_Chap wrote:
..... but when I downloaded them and then tried to install them... you guessed it, more problems.
What sort of problems?

Army_Chap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the format didn't exactly work perfectly. First it told me that Windows was unable to complete the format. Then when I tired it again it worked (which made my tech support guy a little nervous). Then, I downloaded the programs fine. After I downloaded them I tried to install them and would get various error messages. I can't remember them off the top of my head but there were something to the effect of a file didn't exist or another message said it couldn't install a certain file. I formatted again and downloaded the maps again and would get the same or similar messages. I can post exact messages when i get home.. but that is all i remember right now.
patrac
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a xulrunner.exe problem with home 2. Home2 starts ok but when device connected xulrunner error appears and shuts down home2, tried all you have listed, and contacted tomtom help but told to switch off bluetooth which i did with on improvement, so reinstalled older version of tomtom home device now connects and updates quick gps but no mapshare options that i can see so can only suspect the problem is with the current home 2 software.
mike_d
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uninstall TomTom Home
Delete TomTom folder from Application Data
Install TomTom Home 1.5
Update TomTom to 7.xxx
Factory reset on TomTom
Install Home 2

Not too sure if all steps are essential, but they worked for me

Mike
patrac
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that mike, tried this but still getting the error, so will have to wait for a tomtom level 2 tech adviser to get back to me, unless anybody has any other ideas.
Army_Chap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. I talked TT for the 4th time and they told me to send them my unit and they would either fix it or replace it. I said that I couldn't wait because I was taking a long trip for a month and it was the reason that I bought it. So they told me to take it back to where I bought it (Staples) and they replaced it with no questions asked. I have a new TT one ed now and it works great.
Thanks for all your help.
Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: