Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Someone please help!!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Someone please help!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveyk1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Someone please help!!!!! Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad

I have just subscribes to this site and it is becoming apparent that it is a scam!!
There are absolutely no instructions on what to do????
I have a nuvi 350 with euro maps, I can enter garmin other and try and download euro maps or UK maps but no guidance as to what the hell to do with them??? Does europe include UK??? cant do ass the file size is smaller...
I can extract the files but what the hell do I do then?? I've put them on the nuvi and they just sit along said the folders and files already on there.. I've deleted them all off again as I'm pretty sure it will just confuse the unit.... why no instructions????? Am I supposed to delete the original files and folders on the unit and replace them with new?
There is no point of contact for help which has hieghtened my suspicions...
Can someone help me?? Please??

DK
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are absolutely no instructions on what to do????

If you scroll lower down the page you will see links to ALL the Install guides, listed by Device.

For you there is http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-garmin.php

The Europe Cameras are for mainland Europe. The UK files are for the UK only.

Quote:
There is no point of contact for help which has hieghtened my suspicions...

This is as good a point as any for help. That is why we have Forums.

I will move this into a more appropriate place, but it would have been nice if you had asked politely. Rolling Eyes

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow davey, how to make friends and influence people, if you have a look around there is plenty of info on this site and if you cant see it, then ask nicely and someone will always help Wink for sat nav i have found this to be one of the most active and friendly out there on the interwebby, added to that there is all the free downloads and subscribers extras, like the camera database. most of the site is free so you have no reason to come on all guns blazing. you have had ample opportunity to have a look around, and take advantage of the free advice and downloads before subscribing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey, 99% of the people involved with this site do it for no remuneration or ANY credit other than a nice feeling of having helped someone.

The site is also RIDDLED with help files that again have mainly been written by people on a purely voluntary basis.
Being told it is all a scam makes people wonder why they bother, and certainly doesn't inspire them to help.
However, now you've been pointed to some instructions for your unit (which WERE on the same page as you downloaded the data files (not maps!)), if you have any more questions, just ask reasonably and you'll probably find people still willing to help.
Ask like that though....
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have downloaded the database files onto your PC, then you have got what you paid for, so I don't see where the "SCAM" is. The download instructions and advice are free when you ask politley.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Let's leave it here. Hopefully daveyk1970 will be back to tell us all is well and he has the camera database safely installed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: