Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom tom one, Warnings of Speed camera's HELP!!!!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom tom one, Warnings of Speed camera's HELP!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: tom tom one, Warnings of Speed camera's HELP!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi I have after many moons managed to down load the camera's onto my sat nav.. hooo ray!!!

BUT

I can see them on there perfect but as I tested it out. Nothing happens when you drive past!! it just shows in icon..

Now I'm confussed and before I get upset and go off on one I thought I would post here..

how do i get it to warn me as soon as i get nr a camera or a black spot!!

I did follow the down load and set up instructions I printed it off and did it line by line but where it says about manage your proximity warnings.. that was not on my tomtom atall!!!! so i can't find that is this the key to completing it ..........

if this is not the case and all the £19 buys me is static symbols I wish I had paid the £34 and got them direct from TomTom and got the traffic bit free!!

OK over to the experts to tell me what I want to here and help me get it working...

I hope..

it's not good when I go off on one!! Cool
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all....

Which model TomTom do you have exactly??
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom tom one bought it nov last year has uk and euro maps on it.. it's not v3 as that is the new one with no momory card that i do know for sure, mine i would say is a v2
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: tom tom one, Warnings of Speed camera's HELP!!!!!!! Reply with quote

912uk wrote:
.... but where it says about manage your proximity warnings.. that was not on my tomtom atall!!!!
Did you look in Change Preferences | Manage POIs | Warn When Near?

If you only have 3 Pages of Preferences then goto Page 3 and Tap Show ALL menu options.

Manage POIs should then be on Page 2.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right thanks... I have now see all that extra stuff on there.. Ok you might want to add a note to the notes ( 20 )

" SCROLL though the menus to find 'Change Prefer.........."

for note 20

just looking at this as a NON tec person.. I find lots of instructions are writen by tec people for tec people..

ok off for a drive to find a camera!!
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks alot, yes it works ok now.. phew..

I now have it sounding off with the hooter 350 yards before hand.. I take it , that it can only let you know once ( hooter ) and not another one as you get very close.. we have all done it know a camera is there in 400 yards.. just then some idiot cuts in front of you and puts you off , next thing is you just done 32mph!!!

Ok just out of interest how do I go about getting the traffic up date ? I take it that's a tom tom only item......

My misis is very happy as it can now hooter when we get with in 500 yards of shops!! Stop!

Next question is I have bought a SD card from Ebay with Austrailia on it and I am going next year. Can I add Camera's to this and if so where is the place to camera updates for WA.. there bloody everywhere!!!!!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a second warning from the device if you really need to but it involves a bit of work renaming files.

Each POI contains a .bmp file (the icon) and a .ov2 (the data containing the locations) so if you install and configure a second duplicate set of files with slightly different names you will get two warnings per camera:

pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ov2
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.bmp

pocketgps_uk_gatso_30_2.ov2
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30_2.bmp

Appending _2 to the end of each file will provide the files you need, load these to the device and configure the _2 POI files for a much closer warning, if you are using ogg warnings for spoken alerts you will also have to duplicate these preferably prior to configuring the warnings on the device (you don't want to do it twice) - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike mentioned "ogg files".......if you want, you can change your hooter for a real voices saying "Warning Gatso ahead, speed limit 30 MPH" or similar.
You need to choose the "speed-zoned" set of files when you download the database, and then you get the voice warnings by CLICKING HERE
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys I feel I am now getting what I paid for and I will look to do this later in the week I am off to London tomorrow and I feel confident in the knoledge that I have some thing looking out for me at the mo..

I looked on the map and there are camera's every where!!!!!! Shocked I normaly zoom along those bits.. so I will be more aware now......

thanks alot...

next step is to get a map for my phone tytnII HTC phone so I will be looking out for a memory card and a map...
912uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a look at those voice alerts thanks .....

ok so I have tried out the one I like simple one it says warning gasto ahead 30

ok I take it that one is a sample of the 30 but the whole file has the different speed limits..to suit the road..

eg it's not going to say 30 on the motorway is it?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

912uk wrote:
just had a look at those voice alerts thanks .....

ok so I have tried out the one I like simple one it says warning gasto ahead 30

ok I take it that one is a sample of the 30 but the whole file has the different speed limits..to suit the road..

eg it's not going to say 30 on the motorway is it?
It's going to say the speed limit of the camera - when the camera is identified as in a 30mph zone, it'll say 30, in a 70mph zone it'll say 70. In a variable speed limit zone it'll say Variable Speed Limit.

Here's a tip to stop yourself getting nicked in those places where you normally zoom - Observe the speed limit. Twisted Evil Be aware that this camera database is NOT provided in order to help you zoom where there are no cameras, it's provided to help you observe the speed limits.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

912uk wrote:

I looked on the map and there are camera's every where!!!!!!

Quote:

Slight alarm bells ringing after your first comment... That MIGHT imply you've used the "all in one" single category file.
With that one you have no way of telling if it is a real fixed camera, or just a mobile site that will not be in use 99% of the time - they all use the same icon.
To be able to differentiate between camera types (and also to use the verbal warnings which say the speed limit, you must use the "speed-zoned" set of database files.

Just double checking.... Smile
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: tom tom one, Warnings of Speed camera's HELP!!!!!!! Reply with quote

912uk wrote:
Hi I have after many moons managed to down load the camera's onto my sat nav.. hooo ray!!!

BUT

I can see them on there perfect but as I tested it out. Nothing happens when you drive past!! it just shows in icon..

Now I'm confussed and before I get upset and go off on one I thought I would post here..

how do i get it to warn me as soon as i get nr a camera or a black spot!!

I did follow the down load and set up instructions I printed it off and did it line by line but where it says about manage your proximity warnings.. that was not on my tomtom atall!!!! so i can't find that is this the key to completing it ..........

if this is not the case and all the £19 buys me is static symbols I wish I had paid the £34 and got them direct from TomTom and got the traffic bit free!!

OK over to the experts to tell me what I want to here and help me get it working...

I hope..

it's not good when I go off on one!! Cool

Believe me, you have NOT wasted your money on the PocketGPS cams.
In my opinion they are FAR better than those of TomToms.
I have run TomTom cams alongside PocketGPS, and there are more VALID cameras from PocketGPS than those of TomToms.

Enjoy
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

912uk wrote:

That's why it says "Clickable Wav sample" beside it... Wink

Most Windows PCs are not set up to play ogg format sound files directly, so I converted ONE of each set back to wav format so people could audition the different voices without having to download and install them all.

The actual downloads consist of a number of individual ogg format files, the exact number depending on which version of the main database you have opted for (single all cameras file, split up by camera type or split up by camera type and speed).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: