Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No voice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No voice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOTME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: No voice Reply with quote

Have just purchased an IPAQ2210 with TT2 and am very impressed apart from the fact the voice navigation keep dissapearing. It works fine most of the time but yesterday for the 4th time in a week the voice prompts had dissapeared to be replaced by a small speaker icon and a flashing coss on the screen. Sound is on and volume on full , turned guidance off and on again and also successfully tested voice from options screen but still no sound on navigator screen. Strange thing is I also use checkpoint and the speedcamera warning works fine even when no navigational voice available. Tried closing application down and even a reset doesn't bring the damn thing back. Only way I can get it working again is to restore an earlier backup which works fine for a while before the voice suddenly go's again. Anybody any idea's as it's a right pain having to do a restore all the time especially in the middle of a journey.
lostnfound
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you're pressing the center of the middle 'joystick' control. Press it right for volume up, left for volume down and click it in the middle for sound off. Click it again to turn the sound back on. Turning sound on gives a beep. Sound off is silent. Alternatively click anywhere on the navigator screen and look for the sound control icon which will toggle the sound on and off.
NOTME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lostnfound that must be it although I can't find the sound contol icon you mention. If I click on the navigator screen I get the navigator menu and no sound control appears in any of those screens.

I can turn it on or of with the joystick button though so thanks again .
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bring up the Navigator menu by clicking on the screen, you should see a Turn Sound OFF icon at middle left? With sound ON, selecting this will switch sound OFF and you will see the speaker with a cross icon on the navigator display to indicate that sound is muted.

If you don't see the icon where I have indicated, either you have not installed the v2.24 update to TomTom Navigator or you have customised the layout of these buttons in which case it 'should' appear on one of the other pages.

If you have not installed v2.24 I reccomend you do as it brings some improved functionality to the menu structure as well as a very useful 'Exit Application' button. You can download it quickly from here. Thumbs Up
NOTME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not installed any updates but must already be in the version I bought as I have just found the sound on option in the properties section under the custom navigator menu.

Great website learnt more from reading through the posts on here for an hour than I have messing about with my Ipaq for a week.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

if you are using the original install version then I would really recommend updating it - all the icons are larger and easier to press and the options screens are clearer as well.

Ian
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aa Iancjc says, the version you have on the TT Install CD is unlikley to be v.2.34. You can check by switching to Map View and selecting File | About.

The latest build is 2.24 (361) and as I mentioned, the user interface has been improved amongst other things. I strongly advise you install it. It's an upgrade patch which you install 'over the top' of your existing installation, it will retain all your current settings and should not require re-activation.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As iancjc says, the version you have on the TT Install CD is unlikely to be v.2.34. You can check this by switching to Map View and selecting File | About.

The latest build is 2.24 (361), the user interface has been significantly improved amongst other things and I strongly advise you install it. It's an upgrade patch which you install 'over the top' of your existing installation, it will retain all your current settings and should not require re-activation.
Deleth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my Tom Tom for about 2 weeks now and the build is 2.24.2 (363)
which I assume is newer than the latest download available.
NOTME
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The version I have is also 2.24.2 (363) so I am assuming this is the latest until TT3 hits us shortly. When purchasing TT2 I was told as TT3 is out shortly I would get a free upgrade when it does arrive.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Guys, I wan't aware that TomTom had mastered an updated CD incorporating the update Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: