Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman S90I
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman S90I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazelk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Navman S90I Reply with quote

I am looking at the Navman S90I with a view to buying one.I currently have a Mio C250 and a Garmin C510T the reason for two unit's is I bought the Mio because the map graphics are by far the best detail in my opinion (teleatlas), whilst the garmin's graphics are pretty poor (navteq) it does have some very good features that the Mio lacks,TMC and TTS (admittedly the text to speech is my addition via a hack).So I have looked for a unit that does the same as both the Mio and Garmin put together and I have narrowed it down to the Navman S90I. Has anybody bought one of these units yet and if so what is your opinion and feedback on it.I have also noted that most of the top sellers are out of stock ie Argos/Halfords/Curry's etc etc is that a good sign?.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Here for just one review - there are a number on the 'net. Sorry, I don't have personal experience of this device but I have heard good reports about it. As you say, it does have TTS and TMC and a nice sized screen and Teleatlas mapping is very good - from experience. It has the latest (April 2007) all europe mapping including some of the Balkan countries (29 in all. I think) but some of them do not have full street level coverage.
I have the N20 which is very similar but lacks the full mapping and the Navpix, although I personally feel that is a bit of a gimmick. New N20 maps are due out next month and I am hoping that they will be the same as the S90i. If they are not, then I could consider upgrading.
deemo73
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i got a S50 a few weeks back and i'm happy and if the S90I preforms anything liek that so will you.

When driving through a tunnel and you lose signal, pretty much pciks up right away after exiting.

But i'm not a regualr user and only every used a TOM TOM one [Friends] before i bought this so not sure how it actually compares and the S50 is at the low budget end.
jm202067
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother buying one of these units. I have had more faults than i can list with the two units i have had in the last 2 weeks. Looks like i will be seeking a full refund by the end of next week.
SS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jm202067 wrote:
Don't bother buying one of these units. I have had more faults than i can list with the two units i have had in the last 2 weeks. Looks like i will be seeking a full refund by the end of next week.

What are the faults you have had ?,
What will you buy as a alternative if you dont mind me asking.
jm202067
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usual S series faults:

Not taking the custom poi camera database without crashing and running very slow.
Speed camera showing up only intermittently on the screen when in 3D mode.

Very slow menu response when custom poi's installed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: