Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One Version 2 or 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One Version 2 or 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesk1982
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: TomTom One Version 2 or 3 Reply with quote

I am going to be purchasing a TomTom One system in the near future, I dont yet know if I should get version 2 or 3. Version 2 has bluetooth and an S.D. slot, I was only going to buy a GB version with the intent to get the European maps as and when I need them. But I would also like the version 3 One Regional as this has the option for the Traffic updates.

Does anyone know if its worth getting version 2 or 3, which is better?

Also can the aerial for the traffic option be purchased after sales or does it have to be purchased with the TomTom itself, can this be used with version 2?

Can you make a version 3 regional into a European 12 months down the line?

Any advice would be great.
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

Version 3 is a dead duck in terms of upgrading - there is not enough space on the regional versions to put full euro mapping on.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful of the names you use, especially when you read reports on the forums.

The latest ONE is the "3rd Edition" this is NOT the same thing as a "v3". (It's a typical TomTom confusion...)

There was the ONE - now sometimes called "Original" or "Classic" (to confuse it with the GO or GO Classic!)

then the ONE "New Edition" - this came in at least two flavours - firstly with just an SD card then later with Flash memory and an empty card slot. These had different "V" numbers but were both called the "New Edition"

then the ONE XL (versions with and without Flash memory too?)

then the ONE "3rd Edition" - Flash memory only

All had "V" numbers as well, (if you looked in the darker corners) that didn't match any thing else, and I think the situation was different in different countries too! But the upshot is that they often get called by the wrong names on the forums and in adverts.
I'm sure someone will be along with the definitive list, I've lost track now... Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: