Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 310 memory problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 310 memory problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Nuvi 310 memory problem Reply with quote

Hi
Can anyone that has a NUvi 310 tell me if the internal memory has a limit on the amount of space available for MP3s or jpeg files.
If I try to load more than 28 mp3 songs or 4 jpeg files Ireceive a windows error message telling me, " can not copy or create (file name) the parameter is incorrect. Also having difficulty loading the Speed camera POI's At times they don't load at the first attempt, sometimes the POI loader fails and the log says that a parameter is incorrect. Other than this the unit works fine, I have tried to run Chkdsk on the nuvi drive but it says that the type of file system is RAW and that Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives. Although this is not causing any great problem I would just like to know if the unit is working correctly, or if there is a problem, I can get it sorted while under warrenty.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a limit on use of the internal memory for these additional file types - it's better to load these via an SD card. 'Free space' reported by Windows is not all available for these types of file.

If you have filled the internal memory then you mave have difficulties loading POI files.

Try removing the mp3s / JPEGs and seeing if that makes any difference.
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you say load these via sd card do they stay on the sd card or are they moved to the units memory.There is plenty of available memory on the unit to accept the POI's but it is hit or miss if they load first time. What type of file system does the nuvi use. I have never heard of Raw system.
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that your 4 photos are jpg's?
RAW is a type of image file used by digital cameras. RAW files are usually very large and the nuvi would probably not like them. If you did transfer them to the nuvi's internal memory then they would not be displayed and they would fill the memory - hence the sort of problems that you are suggesting.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: