Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio P550 GPS Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio P550 GPS Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marinrider2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Mio P550 GPS Problems Reply with quote

Guys and Girls

I am hoping someone out there can assist me.

I have a P550 which I think I should just throw in the bin. It feels like a toy anyway.

I have had this for a while now and just haven't bothered using it for hte past 6 months as the GPS on it seems so crap. I have an Garmin Edge 305 and Garmin Vista which are great apart from the lack of mapping detail which is why I brought the bloody P550. I also have a Palm Life Drive with Tom Tom 5 on it and a standalone TomTom Bluetooth puck. But as none of these have good maps, and I need a reasonable amount of detail when I'm mountain biking, I got the P550.

I use Memory Map which is excellent on my PC and Laptop. It looks goo on the P550 and worked wellish before but Ijust can't get a GPS fix at all now.

I have had the P550 working in the past and I have also used Tom Tom 6 on but it got to be such a game I gave up and got a 510 for use in the car instead.

However, carrying the Laptop around on my handle bars is very hard I have tried - damn nearly dropped the thing though. Laughing Out Loud

Does anyone know what the hell I am meant to do to get te GPS to do it thing? Or is it just F$"%ed

I have read all sorts of threads and not being very techy find some of them very hard to understand.

So here hoping some nice soul ot in the internet ether can assist me
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some months back it was reported there was a fault on some P550's and problems with getting a fix. People retunred the units to Mio and they were fixed free of charge.
marinrider2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lost Property

I think I'd be outside of the return date by now even if I could be bothered. I can't recall which net shop it came from and I think I'll be likely to just give up anyway.

I have seen some reports a new version the 'P560' it looks like a better model so santa might be nice a give me one of those I hope. If they are any good that is.

I wonder how much of my P550 stuff will work with it like car kit etc. The desk stand should as it only drops onto the usb connection.

Thanks again though

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: