Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Displaying POI's on nuvi 310
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Displaying POI's on nuvi 310

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheiabah
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Displaying POI's on nuvi 310 Reply with quote

When I first got the unit POI icons were dispalyed on the maps, after some updates the POIs stopped diplaying the only ones I can see are the destination points I have added am i missing a setting somewere, POI loader is upto date and I am using Ashes wonderful camera manager. Any ideas Sad

Many thanks
Tazz070299
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I can't help you with this issue, but I had to reply because I was puzzled how I could reply to a question posted on 14 October, when it's only 13 October Confused Confused

Tazz
Edited to confirm that I actually posted this reply at 18.20 on 13 October, not 14 Oct as suggested by the site.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tazz go to your profile and select GMT for your time zone, you will find you have not in fact invented time travel Laughing - Mike
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean general POI items appearing on the main map screen, then I think you have to be zoomed pretty much all the way in, and only using the 2D map to see POIs. Garmin don't, as a matter of course, display all the POIs you store in the unit - this is good - TomTom have to limit the number of categories to not risk memory problems - by not displaying any, Garmin don't suffer from the memory problems, and hence allow you to have a much large number of Custom POIs on the device in the first place.

If you mean speed cameras that would give you an alert and stay on the screen, and now aren't - I would suspect you'll need to reconfigure Ash's utility to turn back on that facility (however, I don't use Ash's utility to be able to give you any more advice on what to do).
sheiabah
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, it is the general POI's that I am missing will try the zoom in as I have only loaded a few cats

Thanks Again Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: