Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Truvelo near Markham Moor
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Truvelo near Markham Moor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korndog
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Truvelo near Markham Moor Reply with quote

This sneaky little snake in the grass (1652) used to be a 70 mph camera, but it now comes up as a 50.
I know it's in roadworks which have a speed restriction of 50 mph but would they go to the trouble of altering the camera settings, and if they have how do you know this for sure.

TomTom Go 600
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the speed limit has been reduced to 50 mph and the camera in the database shows 50 mph then the database is correct. The speed in the database is the maximum speed at which you can safely pass the camera without being caught.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think korndogs question is if the speed limit has been temporarily reduced to 50 mph whilst roadworks are in effect then will they have reduced the trigger speed of a camera whilst the roadworks are there.

The posted speed limit might have changed would the camera trigger speed also be adjusted? Once the roadworks are removed i'd assume the speed limit will return to 70 mph??
korndog
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's what I'm trying to find out, has the camera being altered to 50. Whoever altered the camera speed from 70 to 50 in the pocketgps database must know this or are you just relying on submissions from subscribers.
If the camera's still at 70, someone's got a free lifetime membership out of it when they shouldn't have.

TomTom Go 600
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best answer is likely to be got from the SCP involved!

MaFt
BMW330
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
I think korndogs question is if the speed limit has been temporarily reduced to 50 mph whilst roadworks are in effect then will they have reduced the trigger speed of a camera whilst the roadworks are there.

The posted speed limit might have changed would the camera trigger speed also be adjusted? Once the roadworks are removed i'd assume the speed limit will return to 70 mph??

When there were roadworks earlier in the year on the A2 near Blackhealth, the Gatso there was reconfigured for the temporary speed, as I saw it flash cars at speeds below its "normal" triggering speed.

Guess it's an open question though was to whether other authorities are as on the ball as this.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: