Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Re Sound files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Re Sound files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re Sound files Reply with quote

Can you tell me if its possible to add a file to the list of warning sounds that come with Tom Tom. I have created my own OGG file and want to use that as the warning sounds when approaching speed cameras, but i cannot see where the ogg files are stored. Can anyone help please. Thanks in advance Paul
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, you need to name the ogg file the same as its coresponding POI file so you would have:
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ov2
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ogg

All the files are then placed in the map folder, then go to change preferences/ Manae POI/ Warn when near POI and select each camera in turn to activate the warnings, even if you have already set the warnings do it again after you add the ogg files as this process teaches the software that the ogg files are present. You don't actually select any audio file on the device the software will pick up and use the ogg file - Mike
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks i have done that. But after setting the distance that i wish the warning to be sounded at it then takes me onto select a sound. I only have 2 options select and test, so it seems to be forcing me to select a sound Confused I am probably doing something wrong but i cant see what. The ogg file is not appearing in the list of sounds to select either. Paul
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcb007 wrote:
Thanks i have done that. But after setting the distance that i wish the warning to be sounded at it then takes me onto select a sound. I only have 2 options select and test, so it seems to be forcing me to select a sound :? I am probably doing something wrong but i cant see what. The ogg file is not appearing in the list of sounds to select either. Paul

If you have done it correctly, that is the poi, the bmp and the ogg files are all the SAME name with a different extension, then you don't get to select the sound, it is automatically selected. All these files need to go into the map folder to work.
Check your steps as you seem to have done something wrong.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only use the pocketgps_uk_gatso.csv and not the individual speed cameras.
I have placed the pocketgps_uk_gatso.ogg file in the great britain map folder with the pocketgps_uk_gatso.ov2 and pocketgps_uk_gatso.bmp files. When i select the warn when near poi option and add the above poi i can then select the distance then when i select done it takes me onto the sound selection, i cannot see what i may have done wrong tho.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of software are you using? - if it is version 7 it will ask a question "is this the correct sound" but it plays nothing - simply answer Yes without selecting anything.

If you are using version 5 or 6 software then there is another problem probably associated with file names and in particular the file extension, it is quite often that people name the file something like pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ogg.ogg - note the double file type extension.

To find out the software version you have on the device simply tap the sat strength meter lower right corner and the version will be displayed on the right of the screen - Mike
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am using version 5.2 on a windows smartphone. To ensure files where named correctly i copied the name of the ov2 file then renamed the ogg file but just changed the extension to ogg
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know only the PNA and PDA devices can use the ogg files, the TomTom Mobile cannot use this method of warning all you can do is use a modified data.chk file for spoken alerts on this software.

Suitably pre-made data.chk files are available for your device from This Pgae - just be sure to select the correct one relative to your device and software version - Mike
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for that, at least i know its not something i was doing. (apart from not giving full info at the start e.g. version in use ) sorry about that Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: