Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how to activate software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how to activate software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minesapint
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: how to activate software Reply with quote

is it just me thats having this problem

when i try to activate the software its saying

activation faield.

so i went to www.ttcode.com to try to get it

i enter my product code good so far

thank you ?????????????? is correct you now need to find you device code but thers no step 2 now were to click

no were to put the device code in like in step 1,

is it the site thats down or is it me

any help plz thanks?

ps i can get me device code np
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: how to activate software Reply with quote

This sounds like your web browser isn't displaying the page properly, which browser are you using ?
minesapint
Occasional Visitor

i am using microsoft internet explorer 6

but y when i load software it ask me-

set up will now go on line to activate software.

i click yes then it will say-

activation faield.

my be i try it on me laptop an c if it will work on there.

thanks any way.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Activation will fail if you've either activated the serial number on a different Pocket PC, or you have a firewall and it's having problems getting through.

What you should do is goto www.ttcode.com, enter the serial number on the CD case, it should then come back with Step 2, which from what I recall, when you run up TTN2 on the Pocket PC, it will give you a second number you need to type in. With both numbers, TTCode will generate a new number for you, and this is the number you need to enter into the Pocket PC direct.

If it's not getting to step 2, then it sounds like either a browser issue, or a problem with the TomTom website, although nobody else has complained yet.
minesapint
Occasional Visitor

its oll new pda + tomtom

only got it on saturday 19-04-03

but like u said on the pda it will give me the secound code then it ask me to enter the activation code.

only thing i think of i had norton internet security

enabled,

when i go to www.ttcode.com its now saying 2 more days till i can get the activation code

so some were in my desktop computer there must be the activation code dont ask me how i get it.

ive email tom tom so hope i get the code that way.

thanks for your help.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Hmm, it sounds like someones activated this before! What happens is it will let you activate it on one device, then 7 days later it will let you activate it once more. If you received it on 19th, and it's 20th today, 2 days time will be 22nd April, which means it was probably activated first time on 14th/15th April!

Where did you purchase TTN2 from ? I would mention it to the retailer, and also send TomTom an email to tell them that you've received a new product that is already licensed to someone (give them the serial number from the CD) and ask them to reset it completely. email activation@tomtom.com not the regular Support address otherwise it will take ages for a response.
minesapint
Occasional Visitor

hi dave

purchase from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

came with ipaq pocket pc + tomtom 2 oll new

like i said be for got it on saturday 19-04-03

first time it ask me to go on line to activate the software it came up with activation faield

so like u just said if its 7 days

y does it say i have to leave it 2 more days be for

i can try again.

you have got me thinking now.

i give tomtom a email.

thanks
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Because if it says 2 days, then it means the end of the 7 days since first activation is 22nd April, eg 2 days from now. Which means someone activated TTN2 with your serial number on the 14th or 15th of April, which means either
  1. it was sold to someone and they returned it, then they sold it on to you
  2. someone at Global Positioning Systems opened the box and tried to activate it
  3. TomTom have screwed up and either given out two copies with the same serial number
  4. Or someone has somehow guessed your serial number
minesapint
Occasional Visitor

just my luck

i was go to try it out over the bank holiday

first thing tuesday i give global positioning systems a ring and c what thay have to say.

thanks for oll your help.
Nick412
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bought a rdy made package the software may have been installed for you (and tested etc) rdy to go - just plug it in etc.

I have made a number of purchases from global positioning systems and never had to doubt them Smile

There probably is a good explanation for this.

Cheers
Nick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: