Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT2 and loading times on my Ipaq 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT2 and loading times on my Ipaq 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: TT2 and loading times on my Ipaq 2210 Reply with quote

Hi I have a 2210 and TT2. Have insatlled TT2 prog, GPS driver and voice onto the RAM and the maps onto a SD card.

When I load TT2 it seems to take an age to load, and sometimes I have o minimise then reopen it to get it to display prpoerly. I done a hard reset and only loaded the above on and it seems the same

ayone else with this configuration and the issues described? I have left the 2210 to sort out the memory config.

please help
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What GPS hardware and GPS driver version are you using? What markings (if any) are on your SD card, particularly on the back?

David
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry should have listed this it is a CF Haicom 302 card, I'm using GPS driver v2.07 as heard 2.8 and 2.9 where buggy. It is a 128Mb Sandisk SD card, will post the markings later as its at home

are you thinking the SD card is the prob, as I say after I switch progs and then back to TT2 it is OK??
cheers
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really need the markings as you've said it's a Sandisk card. The only thing the markings will resolve is whether it's one of the later types, which are not quite so bad as they earlier ones.

Another brand of SD card will quite probably solve the problem - though many brands are actually relabelled Sandisk. One brand that seems invariably to sell good cards is SimpleTech, available from clove.co.uk.

David
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understand the probs some ppl have with Sandisk SD cards, I actually had to send my 1st one back to Sandisk in the US, I also have other 64Mb and 32Mb Sandisk SD cards that are OK tho

do you think this is definately the prob then, as I say its more of an annoyance as I have to switxh progs then it works ok

how can U tell if it is a newer card? mine is AK0301LQ

cheers
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly all rumours about Sandisk cards are more often than not true Sad In nearly every case where a user is experiencing slow startup, slow route calculation or other oddities the memory card is a Sandisk branded SD card.

We always advise potential buyers to avoid them, even if buying an alternative attracts a premium it is money well spent. If your card is still in warranty it may be worth asking them to replace with an alternative manufacturer.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lock man try an mmc card instead of sd card Mr. Green

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got a MMC card that is large enough for the UK maps and they are Sandisk as well.

Could I still get Sandisk to change my SD card for another manufacturer? I dont think they will do this will they? they would just give another one of there make I would think.

apart from this intial glitch my card works fine just thought it might have been something I was doing

thanks for your help (ps anyone know if my SD card is a new one or how I will find out?)
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The penultimate letter in the code you posted being L indicates it's an older Sandisk type. N is better - but not perfect.

The best you're likely to get from Sandisk is an exchange for a N type card (I think the correct terminology is an N technology code). If the vendor is in the UK you could try rejecting it as not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act - though you'll probably struggle to get that to stick if you've had it a long time.

MMC is one possibility - but can hardly be recommended, as MMC cards are often significantly slower than SD cards (if I remember rightly, MMC cards can only operate in the 1-bit mode, not the nibble mode that SD cards can). They are consistently slow, though!

In truth, a new 128MB SimpleTech SD card isn't that expensive now and it's probably not worth too much hassle trying to get a replacement for your current card. I'd recommend buying 256MB if you can - it's currently a good price / capacity trade-off (512MB is nice but still very expensive). A 128MB card is pretty much full with the TomTom Navigator 2 UK map and a few POI files installed - there's unlikely to be any room left for even one full Sprite Backup file.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: