Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mobile Phones & the 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile Phones & the 720

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fat_Al
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Mobile Phones & the 720 Reply with quote

As a Thamthung D900 user I was disappointed to see my phone isn't supported for SMS messaging on the 720, I intend to get a 720 as soon as the next map updates are issued, (still using the mighty 'classic').
Could we create a list of the mobile phones that work with all the 720 functions? I see on another thread someone said the Sony Ericsson W810i supports all functions, so that's a start.... if all/most of the 720 functions work with your phone (and it's NOT on TomToms website http://www.tomtom.com/phones/?intProduct=20) please list it here.
PolynesianMedic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Al, I will tell you this, unless you are using AT&T, Cingular, or T-mobile don't even worry about this. My phone is listed, however I am a verizon customer. Verizon has the ability for this to occur LOCKED out. This means that since they have their own "navigation" program, they will not allow my GPS unit to even use the bluetooth and SMS capability of the phone. Hope this helps some. I know it wasn't the answer I was looking for.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zYx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following features works on x20 with Nokia N95:

Hands free calling, phonebook and wireless data.
BG
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE K800i working fine with my 720. Hands free, sms in/out and contact list and data. BTW it's on the 3 network.
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't make any difference "In Theory" which network your phone is connected to, it's down to how the phones electronics interface with those of the TTG.

Like I said a SE K800i (the same goes for most phones, unless there is another letter in the name.) is the same the next, regardless of which network it's working on.

I might try to link mine up to my 720, but then again I might not as I don't want to cause any problems & I already have a SE BT earpiece which works with my phone.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: