Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera added but no free subs?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera added but no free subs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DefenderBLACK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: speed camera added but no free subs? Reply with quote

Hi, submitted a mobile speed cam which is listed now on the map on the 9th of august 2007 "Addition of: Reversible Mobile (ID#0), Heading: 360, Lat:54.0571963, Lon:-1.5374422 (United Kingdom), Speed:60, mobile speed camera. Sat in layby/driveway" but have not received the free subscription?

Am i missing something???

Also have submitted yet another on the 25th august but note that one is probably still in the process of being confirmed?

Thanks,

Paul Confused
Smithy22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand (have been reading the boards quite a while but decided I should now start posting) you only get the free subs if you're the first person to report and if you are you would've been notified around the time of the last database release. Search is your friend as this comes up loads.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithy22 is right. If you were the first you would have been awarded the subscription by now. Maybe your submission verified someone elses submission.

I'm sure MaFt will be along and will reveal all.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, we can get dozens of reports for a new camera so it's not a given that your report would have been the first.

MaFt, our database administrator, is currently in Berlin covering the IFA Electronics show for PocketGPSWorld, he can confirm on his return the status of your report for those cameras but if you were the first you would be automatically upgraded to lifetime subscriber.
Bob_W
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Confirm Reply with quote

Hi,

So from what I am reading if you confirm a PMobile camera, you will not get a free speed camera membership, can someone please confirm this.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Confirm Reply with quote

Bob_W wrote:
Hi,

So from what I am reading if you confirm a PMobile camera, you will not get a free speed camera membership, can someone please confirm this.

That's correct, the person who initially reported it would get the subscription as they were the first to report.
Bob_W
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Confirm Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Bob_W wrote:
Hi,

That's correct, the person who initially reported it would get the subscription as they were the first to report.

Oh well just my luck, so how do I confirm the one I passed tonight?

Bob_W
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report it via the speed cameras page (link at top right of the page) and add some text comments.
DefenderBLACK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for reply. thought that when i checked the map that know one had sent it in as nothing was showing for that point. Will wait to see what MaFt says.

Go another one in too (25th August on m6) so hope that one is a first if the other isnt.

Regards,

Paul

t: @montymotorhome
DefenderBLACK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just noted in one of the replies, and i am correct in that :-

If you dont have a PAID subscription then you dont get a "FREE LIFETIME SUB" even if you are the FIRST to spot a camera??

PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have a valid subscription at the time you submit the camera. If it expires before you are awarded the Free sub then you still get it, but you must have a fully paid up, valid subscription at the time you submit the camera locations.

Check the rules

Quote:
We verify all submissions and you will be notified yours qualifies. If you are successful we'll let you know (there is no need to send us an email to check) and automatically extend your current membership. As before, you must be a current subscriber to benefit from this offer.

PS Your sig is broken....
DefenderBLACK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulb2005,

so you are saying that to get the FREE lifemembership you have had to be a paid subscriber! is that correct?

Forum message by MaFt contradicts you and i quote "The charge came in from Feb 2006 and anyone who either submitted cameras before the charge or donated money was offered free lifetime membership. anyone who is the first to submit a new camera or is the first to inform us of a change to a static camera also gets free lifetime membership. this was covered at length in the months leading up to the charge being introduced. " dated Aug 7 2007.

The bit that says "anyone who is the first to submit a new camera or is the first to inform us of a change to a static camera also gets free lifetime membership." means to me and i presume everyone else is basically if you report to us a new speed camera will give you a free life membership. nothing mentioned about paying first.

I would have joined to get the free membership deal if i new that you had to be a paid member first but with such contradicting info i hadnt. Can i backdate then my sub to allow for being the possible 1st and claim my extend membership (think i know the answer to that!).

Thanks for telling me about the broken sig - off to c what i did wrong.

Paul
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sympathise with you Paul, but the requirement to be a member first is repeated all over the site in many threads, and does seem to be a very reasonable condition.
No doubt in retrospect MaFt would have wished to say that 'anyone' mean 'any member', but you can't expect him (or anyone else) to get everything right every time.
We all make mistakes!

Sal
DefenderBLACK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well the paypal payment is being sorted now for a sub but must say VERY VERY pee'd off that if you spot a new camera that you dont get the membership regardless. Think that should be looked at TBO!

MaFt - would be nice if you note my camera subs and my notification of two new cameras within a few days of each other will be okay?

Paul
DefenderBLACK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined now as a fully paid 1yr member.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: