Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - myguide 3100 speed camera warning?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

myguide 3100 speed camera warning?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roo-uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: myguide 3100 speed camera warning? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Ive read lots of posts here on the forum discussing problems getting the speed camera database working on the myguide 3100 sat nav unit; & i still cant get it to work correctly.

The link below shows the unit i have bought.
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/125129

I have followed the installation as detailed here on this site & reset the unit with the button on the back.
It will show the cameras in flyover mode & when im driving but it will not warn me when i am approaching the cameras? (I have enabled this in the settings for "on approach".
I have approached an area which shows the location of a mobile camera (over the speed limit) & it still doesnt warn me of the camera?

Has anyone managed to get a myguide 3100 to warn of an approaching speedcamera?

Help!!!!!! Question Question Question Confused Confused
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
have approached an area which shows the location of a mobile camera (over the speed limit) & it still doesnt warn me of the camera?
I had a quick look at the MyGuide manual and it appears to be the same as iGO and Mio, in which case the warnings are directional. Which side of the road would that camera normally be sited? If on the offside or the other side of a dual carriageway, you won't get a warning.

Edited. Wait until you pass a Specs camera, over speed, and then take an exit before passing the next one. I got a permanent warning and had to switch off and re-start. Evil or Very Mad Luckily it's happened only once. Smile
roo-uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried this with several mobile camera locations from both directions & nothing happened?
Should it work with mobile cameras & warn on approaching them or does it only work with static cameras?
I will try it on other camera locations & see what happens; upto now im not convinced that its working correctly.
Thanx for the help! Very Happy
Buffdaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: myguide 3100 speed camera warning? Reply with quote

How are you getting on with testing speedcams on your device to find out if they give you audible warnings. I also own a Myguide 3100 and loaded on the speedcam database. Went for a test drive and discovered that I received no audible sound when I was approaching a speedcam. I do not have a clue why.

Still searching.........
roo-uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still non the wiser as to why it wont warn me of the approaching cameras? I know there installed because i can see them on the map just no advanceed warning?
Im going 2 keep trying it tomorrow in map mode instead of cockpit i dont know if it makes any difference?
Today it did warn me of a speed camera but it already passed it?
Ive also had it warn me of a camera & there isnt one?
Ive tried going past a mobile location 15mph over the speed limit & nothing?
I really dont know ive read somewhere that if you upgrade the software to the igoplus then everything works; but i dont want to do this because it has a 2 year warranty!
All of the settings are there in the menu so i dont understand why it wont work unless there is something that needs changing in the camera database?
Ive read everyhting that i can on this forum covering the myguide 3100; i will not be beaten.
more help needed folks e Laughing Wink specially if halfords & ebuyer keep selling lots of this unit.
Buffdaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Speed camera download for myguide 3100 Reply with quote

I have just posted this and I am hoping for a response..........Keep an eye out ........................................

Can anyone please confirm the information I have detailed below.I am trying to explore why I am getting no audible sounds when approaching a speedcamera. To investigate further, I went to www.ebuyer.co.uk who are a myguide 3100 retailer, and I copied the insert below from their myguide reviews page.It gives advice on loading the camera database to the unit.

Click on explorer icon in activesync, double click Mobile device.
Open Flash Disk/ My Guide/ POI / Speedcam and copy Speedcamtext.txt into this folder. If there are any other files like SpeedCam.spdb or SpeedCamUpdates.spdb, then delete these. Make sure you just have the speedcam.txt files in the folder.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This is similar information as is displayed on the PGPSW website. However, I noted something, I have not seen elsewhere which is this line. " f there are any other files like SpeedCam.spdb or SpeedCamUpdates.spdb, then delete these"

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Any advice on what these files do or do not do?. It may be the reason I and other users get no audible sounds when approaching speedcams.

Thanks
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there are any other files like SpeedCam.spdb or SpeedCamUpdates.spdb, then delete these. Make sure you just have the speedcam.txt files in the folder.
And you'll find the SpeedCam.spdb and SpeedCamUpdates.spdb will be updated and will reappear. It's how the system works.

Start again and delete the SpeedCam.spdb, SpeedCamUpdates.spdb and PGPSW text files. Run MyGuide and look at the map.... no camera icons.

Copy the PGPSW text file to the POI - SpeedCams folder in your 3100.

Check the SpeedCam.spdb, SpeedCamUpdates.spdb and PGPSW text file are showing again in POI - Speed cams folder and the speed cam icons are showing on the map. If they are you have these bits right.

Now go to settings - general - alerts and make sure you have enabled safety cameras. Choose Simple or When approaching for audible warning.

Go to settings - sound and make sure Master and Voice controls are active and sliders towards the right.

Go to map and make sure the speaker icon is showing without a red cross.

Now with or without a route set you should get a warning if approaching a camera covering your side of the road and you are over the speed limit.

You should also get a Speed limit sign showing speed limit flash up on screen and the countdown marker, towards the top of the screen, will count down as you near the camera.

If it still doesn't work after this, I suggest you take it back to where you bought it for a possible replacement or for them to set it up properly for you.

As two mods have said, please try not to double/treble post, it causes confusion and will take longer for you to get your problem solved.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Lost_Property - i've updated the installation guide to reflect this info

MaFt
ledshed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be a `me too` with speedcam warnings on the Myguide 3100.

Followed Lost Property`s excellent instructions, the SpeedCam.spdb and SpeedCamUpdates.spdb do indeed reappear after being deleted when the speedcam db is installed.

Problem is it warns with progressive bleeping on one speedcam on my test route, couple of others show the icon but no audible warning at all.

The Myguide I have, is recent purchase from Comet, Comet Halfords and Ebuyer are all within £2 of each other.

Mine may be slightly earlier model, supplied with mains adaptor and maps on SD card, believe Ebuyers current stock has no mains adaptor and map info is internal.

Basemap 2006.01
UK maps 2006.10+

Camera bleeps at 42 Minto Street Edinburgh
it ignores London Road Edinburgh , camera shown on wrong side of road but ignores it either direction.

Don`t know if this has any bearing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Adam
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Camera bleeps at 42 Minto Street Edinburgh
it ignores London Road Edinburgh , camera shown on wrong side of road but ignores it either direction.
Could be that you were over the limit in Minto Street but at or under the limit in London Road. N.B. You only get a warning if you are OVER the speed limit. as indicated by the database. It could be the database is showing London Road as say 40mph when in fact it's 30, in which case you'd have to excced 40 to get a warning.

ledshed, try downloading the iGO - 'single file with all cameras' file, unzip it, copy and paste the 'speedcamtxt' file from the unzipped folder into the Myguide - POI - Speedcam folder and test it over the same route.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lost_Property"]
Quote:

ledshed, try downloading the iGO - 'single file with all cameras' file, unzip it, copy and paste the 'speedcamtxt' file from the unzipped folder into the Myguide - POI - Speedcam folder and test it over the same route.

it's the same - same script is used in producing the files

MaFt
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, but I wondered if he copied all the files over or missed one or two.

If the single file works OK, it would indicate missing files or maybe someone reported the wrong speed for a camera or two.

The thing with the iGo, Mio mapping is, they don't, as I can see, show individual camera icons, just the built in one. So I use the single file with all cameras. I've even tried downloading the TT .ov2 files and converting with Export2iGo application, and still only one camera icon. Sad
unicornz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost_Property wrote:
Quote:
Yes, but I wondered if he copied all the files over or missed one or two.

If the single file works OK, it would indicate missing files or maybe someone reported the wrong speed for a camera or two.

The thing with the iGo, Mio mapping is, they don't, as I can see, show individual camera icons, just the built in one. So I use the single file with all cameras. I've even tried downloading the TT .ov2 files and converting with Export2iGo application, and still only one camera icon. Sad

Hi

First post for me Smile

Ok i have the myguide 3100 As you say above with the igo, the myguide only shows one icon as well, and i have noticed that it will warn with the box, speed and limit plus countdown if its a static camera but it seems to ignore mobile cams ?!?

Unicornz
roo-uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies guys,
So can anyone tell me why the 3100 ignores mobile camera locations?
All of the cameras that i have tried mine on have been mobile locations & none of them work? I havent tried it on a fixed camera yet?

So maybe the fault is with the mobile camera database?

I will try it past a fixed camera tomorrow & let you know if it does anything?

Has anyone managed to get this unit to work on mobile camera locations?

Thanx
Sphinx-BMW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I too have this model and downloaded the speed cam files.

It did flag up a couple of speed cameras (gatso), and on the motorway it did warn me about the mobile sites 100% of the time.

However, its not flagging up all the gatso's and the red light cameras.

Also on mine, it doesn't matter if you are under the speed limit, it still warns you on a Gatso.

I was using the single file with all cameras, I downloaded other file the one with consolidated by type - but that didn't warn me at all about the gatso.

I have tried loading the files again and done a hard reset, but still no luck.

Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: