Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth Error : The Device did not respond
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth Error : The Device did not respond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shantilaal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Bluetooth Error : The Device did not respond Reply with quote

I am attempting to connect my Holox - BT 441 bluetooth GPS Sat Receiver with my PDA.
After following instruction to bond device using the standard Pin 0000 Device is Bonded - ok. At the next stage when I go to Actions --- Connect to SPP Slave

Bluetooth Error : The Device did not respond to the connection attempt !

PDA Model : Compaq ipaq H3900
Microsoft Pocket PC Version 3.0.11171 (Build 11178)
CPU : Intel PXA250
Bluetooth :
Radio revision - 1.0
Module Type : BC-01

Do I need to upgrade the Windows Pocket PC OS or Bluetooth version ?
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember what Pocket PC V3.0.nnn relates to - is that PPC2002 or PPC2003 (first release not SE). What model of PDA is it?

Anyway..

When you pair your GPS to your PDA you then need to create a virtual serial port over which your GPS can communicate with your PDA. It sounds like (from your description) that it is tryng to do this - but something has failed. usually it's an explicit operation - i.e. you choose to do it and you should get a COM port assigned for use.

Check with the manufacturer of your PDA to see if there are any upgrades to s/w or BT drivers for your device.
shantilaal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Solution Reply with quote

Firstly the I had to install TT5 as TT6 does not seem compatible with all the tests I conducted. (Been testing for 6 days)

Secondly the device did bond as stated above but could not connect to spp slave ..just igonore as long you can bond. (Disable the IR beam)

Thirdly Configure TT5 as follows using the HOLOX Gps Bluetooth receiver on Compaq Ipaq 3970

Preferences 4 of 6 and Select Show GPS Status

Configure -Other Cable NMEA GPS -GPS Baud Rate 4800 - Bluetooth Serial Port 8

This 3rd party 44 Channel HOLOX GPS Receiver worked within a flash in my attic bedroom without connecting to SPP slave.

Any further questions let me know..Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: