Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - typhoon my guide 3500 mobile
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

typhoon my guide 3500 mobile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAULLAR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: typhoon my guide 3500 mobile Reply with quote

help ive just brought a my guide 3500,the problem is i cant see where the charger fits into it.the only socket i can see is the ear phone ,can any one help?
efparri
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the cradle?
PAULLAR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: typhoon charge socket Reply with quote

Hi there i have a typhoon my guide 3500 and had exactly the same problem,the charger/ sync cable should plug into a slot at the base of the unit .it is just slightly offset to the left hand side when looking at the unit fron the front,its about 20mm in lenth and about 3.5/4mm wide,the socket inside the slot is soldered onto the mother board(badly).after time the solder breaks and the socket assembly drops off leaving just a hole with nowhere apparent to plug the sync cable or charger,there is a clone of the typhoon called a mitac mio 168 which is identical and is also prone to the same problem,there is not realy an easy solution to the problem,other than a new motherboard.on mine i have managed to fix an old head phone socket into the base of the unit wired directly to the red and black wires from the battery(betwen the battery and the block conector which also has a yellow,blue and white wire)the red is +ve and the black -ve then i have tacken apart an old palm vx and soldered a lenth of wire with a 3.5mm jack plug on the end to, the battery side of the small circuit board,luckily both batterys are 3.7 volt,i just put the palm in its cradle to charge with the jack plugged into the typhoon,to sync the typhoon i use the irda,its a bit of a messy solution but works fine for me and is better than throwing it in the bin,i am still trying to sort out a way of charging it in the car.hope this info is of some use.Paul L. Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: