Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 660 software version 4.10
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 660 software version 4.10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captureboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 660 software version 4.10 Reply with quote

Changes made from version 3.80 to 4.10:

Add support for Mexican and African time zones.
Fixed bug where selecting Travel Guide from the Where to? menu would result in No Matches Found.
Fixed issue where some coordinates would not be properly displayed on the coordinate entry page.
Updated currency converter exchange rates.
Fixed bug where having too many custom POI symbols could cause the unit to reboot.
Added support for Canadian traffic information.
Fixed bug that occasionally causes map road labels to not match physical street signs.
Added support for 11 new pre-recorded voices.
Fixed bug with ejecting from a Mac computer.
Fixed bug where some audible books would cause the unit to reset.

Has anyone been brave enough to install the new version, if so, have you noticed any improvement.
GPS SW Version 3.00
Bluetooth SW Version 3.40
GTM SW Version 4.80
Map Info CN Europe NT 2010.30
robspook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as improvements, haven't noticed any... but then again, everything in 4.10 seems to work just fine.
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just installed it (After having 4.00 on there for the past couple of weeks). I also have GTM 4.5 on the unit, so hopefully the GTM will be recognised now & I can get some traffic back...

H
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. I now have v4.10 with GTM 4.5, and the GTM works again... But I don't see anything in there that justifies a version change from 3.7 to 4.1... Am I missing something? Surely they didn't roll the version just for canadian traffic and some bug fixes?

(Of course there was no traffic when I went home last night, so if there's any useful changes to traffic I may have missed it).

H
robspook
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe my memory is failing me, but I thought when changing the voices it used to perform a quick restart... now with 4.10 installed, there's no more restarting when changing the voice file.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since installing the upgrade supplied with 4.1, the additional GTM 4.5 not the main software 4.10 on my unit, i now find that the TMC info is non-existant, has anyone else found this?

Could you please tell me if it possible to go back to the original GTM 4 setting?

Thanks.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
Since installing the upgrade supplied with 4.1, the additional GTM 4.5 not the main software 4.10 on my unit, i now find that the TMC info is non-existant, has anyone else found this?
I think this is one of the first reports of 4.5 losing traffic I've heard of. Certainly my unit is fine. Have you tried other areas of the country (in case it's a transmitter problem)? Have you checked what the Traffic Subscription page says?
Quote:
Could you please tell me if it possible to go back to the original GTM 4 setting?
No, the GTM firmware upgrade is a one-way process - it's probably the only element of the solution where you can't downgrade.
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
GJF wrote:
I think this is one of the first reports of 4.5 losing traffic I've heard of. Certainly my unit is fine. Have you tried other areas of the country (in case it's a transmitter problem)? Have you checked what the Traffic Subscription page says?

I've had one problem with TMC... Besides the perennial data quality problems that is.

Earlier this week, my unit just sat there all the way from home to work saying it didn't have a signal... Eventually when I got to work, I went into the debug screens, and the unit was locked up on channel 187, never changing it... Removing it from the cradle, telling it not to switch off, and placing it back soon got it scanning again...

Quote:

Quote:
No, the GTM firmware upgrade is a one-way process - it's probably the only element of the solution where you can't downgrade.

Does anyone know where the GTM software file sits on the device? Is it possible to manually move it & replace with a different version?
PlaneApart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had similar problems and my remedy was to reinstall my previous backup version, which I knew worked "ok". The version number didn't change though on my Nuvi, but when I went through Webupdater again, it offered me a GTMXX update to v4.5, which I accepted, and this successfully restored traffic data - to the less than stunning previously experienced!

When I installed 4.5 the first time , the "FM Table" showed "RAC Traffic Live$" (I'm not sure if that's it exactly), and the data count was increasing, but none was traffic - The Old Classic FM scenario again?

FM Table now shows "TMC$" as previously, and data is being received.

Hope that helps.

PA
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamie wrote:
Does anyone know where the GTM software file sits on the device? Is it possible to manually move it & replace with a different version?
The \garmin\006b048201.bin is the firmware file that is used to update the hardware inside the GTM unit itself. As best I know, even if you install a previous version of this file there is no capability to downgrade the actual hardware (unlike the main firmware of the SatNav device itself, which does have such an option). Changing this file to an earlier version should have no impact on the hardware (although I do note the comment above).
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robspook wrote:
Maybe my memory is failing me, but I thought when changing the voices it used to perform a quick restart... now with 4.10 installed, there's no more restarting when changing the voice file.

The only time that it does a restart is if you are using TTS voices. From TTS to non TTS does not restart but changing language on TTS will invoke a restart, as will a non TTS to TTS change - at least that was the situation prior to 4.10.

BTW The English TTS of French or Spanish road names is hilarious.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
GJF wrote:
Quote:

After a long period with no TMC messages, yesterday i pushed the auto search button on the TMC, it searched upto 100% and back to the beginning again for aprox an hour and never did find anything, i thought it had locked up, however today it seems to have found some roadworks, so what ever was "locked up" now seems to be working.

Whether it shows any signs of general improvement - anyone's guess.

Does anyone know what this GTM update was for?
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
Does anyone know what this GTM update was for?
See Here for a thread with the official Garmin changelog for the last few GTM versions.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: