Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 720 or 720T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 720 or 720T

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost_in_France
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: TomTom 720 or 720T Reply with quote

Hi

I am new to Satnav and was about to buy a 710 when I heard that the 720 was about to launch. Enquiring with a few retailers they all seemd to be saying that the 710 was discontinued so I emailed TomTom to see if the 710 was discontinued as it was still on their website.

Their response was

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

The GO710 is being replaced by the GO720/T which is due to be released in the very near future. The GO710 will still be available for some time after the GO720/T is released and could well be sold by retailers at a sale price. This will depend on the retailer."

Having now established that it will obviously be discontinued what puzzled me was the reference GO720/T. I've found plenty of information on the GO720 but am wondering what the "T" represents.

Are there 2 models being launched and am I better off with the "T" version whatever it may be (although nobody seems to be refering to it)?

Any info would be appreciated.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T usually denotes Traffic, so it could be supplied with one of the RDS-TMC receivers - only a guess though - Mike
chrish012000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google gives me this:

http://www.easydevices.co.uk/pp/Dedicated_GPS/TomTom_GO/TomTom_Go_720T_-_TMC_Version.html

Doesn't say much / anything about the 'T' bit but on emailing easydevices they say it is a separate attachment for the TMC reception

Chris
Lost_in_France
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info - easydevices seem to be the only one listing the 720T (they also say there is a 520T).

Seems they want £47 extra for the T version but I suspect it will be pretty hard to get hold of for a while and as I am getting impatient I think I'll give it a miss - unless anybody knows something I should but don't!!!

Thanks everyone
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the T does denote Traffic then it refers to RDS-TMC this accessory does not work very well at all in the UK. reception is a postcode lottery. It might be supplied with the revised RDS-TMC unit which is supposedly better, ask the retailer to define what is in the box and if it does contain an RDS-TMC exactly which model - Mike
Lost_in_France
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is following this then there is a bit more info on the 'T' versions here:

http://www.yournav.com/content/n/353/TomTom_GO_720_in_shops_next_week.html

They seem to think that all the first models to arrive will be the T version so I may not have a choice if I want one immmediately.

Regards
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, if you're a UK customer there will be NO 'T' version.

RDS-TMC has been a long running debacle over here and TomTom have chosen not to offer it as a bundle or extra cost option for UK supplied units. For Traffic in the UK you will have to use the PLUS TRAFFIC option.

I've explained this in the 720 thread here. Can we confine replies to that thread please.

Thread locked.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: