Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT One XL creeping death
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT One XL creeping death

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcorlett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: TT One XL creeping death Reply with quote

My two week old TT One XL is doing strange things.

It does a random reboot several times after a new journey is planned - this is pretty disconcerting once you've set off on a journey and you are suddenly lost in dense traffic.

The (subscription based) traffic service is bizarre - yesterday on a 160 mile journey from South Wales to Chester - it suggested journey times ranging from 2hours to 6hours - apparently quite randomly.

The replanning algorithm (to avoid traffic delay) seems to recalculate the whole journey from scratch (almost) and on yesterday's run took so long to recalculate the journey (10 minutes) that by the time it completed the task I was on the wrong route! Surely it should just have to calculate the trip around the problem segment?

I presume these things are not normal and my kit is freeking out and the unit needs replacing? Sad Otherwise it's back to the old PDA and TomTom 5.

PS assuming it's a kit based problem I presume I can transfer my subscription from the old device to the new?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Never use a map; life's too short to do the right thing.
----------------------------------------------------------------

TC
carriejames
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

This used to be prolem with older models, but TT suggest you update your device via TT Home and this should solve the problem(?)

Hope this helps
Carrie
tcorlett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carrie,

According to the display, and confirmed through TomTom home, the software revision and map revision numbers are the latest available.

Sadly today the device did one last reboot and faded out to a black screen. Even a factory reset failed to reignite life. My dealer has exchanged it for the same again (better luck this time!) whilst quietly tut tutting and darkly hinting at "quality problems".

I'm now left with the question of how to move my traffic subscription to the new device.

Still tomorrow's a new day. :D
carriejames
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Well at least you can now try again with a new TT. You should be able to transfer over details to the new TT as it uses your email address and password etc for access - just set it up as before.

happy motoring
Carrie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: