Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Advice Needed for TomTom6 on WM5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice Needed for TomTom6 on WM5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisb1357
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Advice Needed for TomTom6 on WM5 Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just a few questions, I have been a member of this forum for sometime and have used most versions of TomTom but having a few problemes.

I am running Windows Mobile 5 on a I-MATE K-JAM (PDA) and have TomTom Version 6.0 installed with UK,Spain and French Maps and also the Pocket GPS Speedcam Warnings POI. I am also using a BT-308 GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS

My problem is when i install Checkpoint POI Warner V6.0 and try to run TomTom 6.0 it seems to slow the TomTom6 Software down and keeps crashing. Also when u have the checkpoint running and scanning for POI's and a spoken direction is said on TomTom it misses out directions and turns. If i remove CheckPoint my system runs fine.

Is there anything that i can do or just not use Checkpoint and only the built in tomtom warner for speedcams. I have also tried POI-Warner for TomTOm6 but i dont like how this program works.

Many Thanks
Chris
256MB SD Card with Great Britain Plus Map
128MB SD Card with Belguim Map
Checkpoint POI v5.0.2.0
Pocket GPS UK SpeedCams
POIHandler France & Belguim SpeedCam
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I can suggest is to first of all make sure no other programs are running in the background Start/ Settings/ Memory_Running programs tab and select Stop all.

If this doesn't stop the issue you are having I think the best alternative is to use the inbuilt Warn When Near POI with the OGG files loaded and configured to get true spoken alerts, you can even get two alerts per camera by loading two databases - the only bit that is missing is the speeding alert if you are above the limit for the approaching camera - Mike
chrisb1357
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There,

Yes there is nothing eles running in the background. I have tested TomTom without Checkpoint installed and seems fine so must be CheckPoint. Also just a quick question is when i am driving and my current speed shows up it also shows the road speed next to this. How does TomTom know the current speed of the road i am on.

Also whats the latest version of TomTom6

Chris
256MB SD Card with Great Britain Plus Map
128MB SD Card with Belguim Map
Checkpoint POI v5.0.2.0
Pocket GPS UK SpeedCams
POIHandler France & Belguim SpeedCam
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest is 6,030 for the PDA based software (although this might be device specific for the Artemis etc), the problem is more probably the TomTom software hammering the processor leaving little spare for the other software to function correctly hence the lock ups, to be honest once loaded with spoken alerts TT6 is very good as an application - I used to use CheckPOI in the early days (TTN3) but since vs5 I find little reason to being honest - Mike
TechnoTony
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris

I had a similar problem running poi warner with tomtom 6.030. It seems that this version of tomtom is not compatable with 3rd party apps, and tomtom are unable/unwilling to fix this problem. I found that reverting back to version 6.010 solved the problem.

See this post.

I have given up with 3rd part apps now and am using tomtom's built in poi warnings with ogg files. Works very well.

Hope this helps

T
TomTom 5/6
emtec bt gps
Qstarz BT-Q810 gps
Qstarz BT-Q818 gps
TheBrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisb1357 wrote:
How does TomTom know the current speed of the road i am on.

Speed limit information for some roads is included in the TomTom map database. If the limit is available it will be displayed. Have you notice how it goes red if you "accidentally" go over the limit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: