Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maps and coverage
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps and coverage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Maps and coverage Reply with quote

Hi There! :D

Been gone a while, but once again looking for the benefit of your collective advice!! I have a tomtom GO and am looking to get the map of Spain for the holiday. Does the Map Of Western Europe contain as good coverage of the countries as the individual maps, or is this it better to get the maps individually for the best coverage Question

Also, according to the tomtom website, the Map Of Western and Central Europe is not available for my GO, only for the newer GO versions. Is this correct Question I do have a 2GB card, so will it work in my old GO, or should I stick to the advice from tomtom and take the Map Of Western Europe Map Question

Few questions there, and look forward to some great advice from you guys out there. Many thanks, Boris
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the Western Europe map. It's a cut-down version that is designed to fit on the 1 GB card in the 710.

For very little more you can get the Western & central Europe map. I use this. It took me from London to Malaga and back. Apart from one glitch in Zaragosa it was very good. The detail will (should) be the same as the Spain & Portugal map. Given the cost, I would just use the W&CE map.

This map will work in the GO. I think that TT don't recommend it because it contains data that the original GO can't fully access. But it will still operate as well as your existing map.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
boris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great answer, covers everything I asked about :D
I'll go to the site now and start downloading.

Many thanks, Boris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: