Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 350 Map Upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 350 Map Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyndareusone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 350 Map Upgrade Reply with quote

Arrow I am new to this world. I have a Nuvi 350 which has Street Navigator NT + V8. I have read elsewhere on these forums that there is a V9 with some talk from Garmin that they may be issuing a Map upgrade sometime soon. How do I access V9 (in the hope that New Roads in Ireland are included)? Has it to be purchased or is it available as a download? Same questions apply to the proposed Garmin upgrade.
Thanks in anticipation.
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuvi 350 Map Upgrade Reply with quote

tyndareusone wrote:
How do I access V9 (in the hope that New Roads in Ireland are included)? Has it to be purchased or is it available as a download?

You have to purchase a map upgrade from Garmin; I understand that the Irish mapping is significantly improved.
tyndareusone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 350 Map upgrade Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Tynecomp. I'll contact Garmin.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://shop.garmin.com/cartography/mapsource/update/cd_update_details.asp?CD=010-10737-01

Click on "order now" and it'll start the process to order your free DVD. Then you can go back online and order and pay for the unlock code. http://www8.garmin.com/unlock/ takes you to the unlock page.

http://shop.garmin.com/cartography/mapsource/update/region_details.asp?L=EN&CD=010-10737-01&RP=CNE-DLXNT-3

IRL is listed under Detailed Coverage

Also if you bought it with v8 maps recently then you might get a free upgrade to v9.
tyndareusone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Nuvi 350 Map Upgrade Reply with quote

Thanks, PaulB2005, for the detailed information.

Most helpful. It would appear that I am entitled to a free upgrade as the unit was purchased recently with V8.

Thanks again.
philipe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Ireland mapping Reply with quote

The V8 for Ireland was good anyway. So far V9 has been very very good in Ireland. :-)
tyndareusone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 350 Map Upgrade Reply with quote

Thanks philipe. Looking forward to V9. Disc has been ordered and awaiting arrival.
pendulum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Maps Reply with quote

i have recently bought Garmin MapSource City Navigator Europe NT v9 for my streetpilot i3, i have installed it onto my computer, but how do i update the maps on my i3 with it?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on whether you have an i3 with built in memory, or all the map information on a card will affect what happens next.

In one scenario, you select the correct upgrade option from the DVD menu which will upgrade your i3, and in the other scenario, you'll try this (and unless they've updated the DVD) it will fail, and you will need to speak to Garmin to get a patch file from them.

Not having an i3 I can't tell you which way round it is - but first, try the DVD upgrade menu (there are two upgrade options, you need to select the correct one).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: