Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 910 Frozen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

910 Frozen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: 910 Frozen Reply with quote

I have successfully download your camera database before but have just bought a 910 which was working fine. Following your instructions I downloaded and unzipped the files and sent them to the 910. I undocked the 910 to continue with the instructions but it has now locked up on me showing the picture screen of the 910. I have tried the reset button but when I turn it back on it powers up to the same point and won't go any further. I had previously made a backup with Tomtom home but the computer no longer recognises the devise....What have I done!!!!!!!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It quite possible that you have dis-connected the 910 from the PC while it was still writing data to it, and this has corrupted a file.

If using Explorer then you should use Safely Remove Hardware. If using HOME you should click the My Device Icon at the bottom of the PC Screen.

If you have only done a Backup with HOME you might find that you will have a problem with the TTS files as HOME used to mess up the Uppercase on the TTS Files. I don't know if this has been fixed in the later Versions.

Most users now prefer to use Explorer.

Try re-starting the PC and then connecting the 910. Do you get the message about connecting to the Computer?

The reset, did you use a small enough 'tool', as the hole is very small. Did you feel a slight click as you pushed?

Did you hold the reset in for 30 secs?

Sorry for all the questions, but we need a little information so we can help you along.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: 910 Frozen Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I assumed it was the Tomtom rather than the computer and when I restarted the computer and went back into Tomtom Home everything appeared to be fine. It asked me to make another backup before downloading the program and I did this and then downloaded the latest software version. Once the Red X was gone I clicked on MY DEVICE to disconnect (Didn't know about that one). Came up updating flash (or something similar). Still no reponse from screen so took your advice and did reset for 30secs. Switched back on and I am back where I started from with a nice picture of a 910 that I can't get rid of.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When connected to your PC does the 910 appear as a device in HOME?
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: 910 Frozen Reply with quote

Yes when I connect to the computer it is now seeing the 910. I copied a file from the 910 to the computer just as a test and this was successful. After this I am showing the Green (connected to computer screen) without the Red X. I clicked on MY DEVICE and disconected from the computer and the 910 has gone back to the picture of the 910 screen again. It is trying to boot but something is stopping it at this point.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect to HOME and re-install the latest software update.
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Frozen 910 Reply with quote

I have no idea what is going on here. HOME says there are no available updates but the application file showed a file size of 9.2Mb so I downloaded the ltest aplication(?) 6.525 thinking that this would overwrite the problems. For some unexplained reason it has downloaded Tomtom GO/ONE/Rider application. When I try do download the 6.525 is says that this is not suitable for my device. I removed the ONE/GO/RIDER application and it still says that 6.525 is not suitable for my device. Device will now not disconnect from Tomtom HOME but I can view all the files on the device via explorer.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very odd, the GO, ONE and RIDER app is the correct one for your device but TomTom say the latest is v6.524?
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Frozen 910 Reply with quote

No. Not exactly. It downloaded the GO/ONE/RIDER but there is an application for TOMtom GO910 version 6.525 so I assumed that this would be the correct application. I'll try reinstalling the GO/ONE/RIDER application again.
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Frozen 910 Reply with quote

I have managed to get the unit back to where it was by installing my first backup. Unfortunately this backup still contains the problem and it will only power up as far as the splash screen. When this is displaid the unit is totally locked up. You cannot turn it off and it will not connect to the computer. If I use rest I can then get it to connect. My supplier is saying that I should copy off all the file and format the drive, but if it's a software problem I don't see the point. What do you think.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reset it then connect it to the the PC, allow TomTom Home to start.

On the left side of the screen is a list of options select "Install to TomTom"

In the middle window should be TomTom Application for GO 910. if you position the mouse over the tittle it will display the veson etc.

Select the check box adjacent to the 910 application and click the install button at the top right of the center Home application.

Does the software do anything at this point? - Mike
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Frozen 910 Reply with quote

Yes it downloads and installs the new application. Unfortunately it does not make any difference. I have attempted to copy all the files to a folder on the computer. It stopped when it got to the 'Settings' file and said it was corrupt or unreadable. Why has this file not been replaced when the new application was installed?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you go any further, can you set your PC to show the FULL filenames, so we can be sure we are on the same wavelength. In Windows Explorer, go to the "Tools" menu, select "Folder Options", then the "View" tab. Now TICK "show hidden files and folders" and UN-TICK "hide extensions for known file types".

Now the file you are having problems with should be called "settings.dat"
This is where your Favourites, Home location and POI warning set-ups are stored. If you just delete that file from the Go, a new blank one gets created next time it starts up, so if that is what's causing the problem, you can try deleting it without any worries. See if it will then allow you to re-install the operating system.
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Frozen 910 Reply with quote

It has allowed me to reinstall the Operating System. I have done the same check as before and copied the filed to the computer with total success this time. All file were copied including Settings.dat. But still to no avail. It stops on the boot up splash screen.
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Frozen 910 Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help. I have finally solved it! These were the instructions given to me by the supplier which came from the Tomtom help desk,

-Link the tomtom to your computer
-Now go to ‘My Computer’ on your PC and open the tomtom removable disc, select all the contents of the drive and copy them into a new folder on your computer.
(DON'T FORGET TO COPY ALL CONTENTS.AND PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE COPIED TO YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!)
-Again, go to ‘My Computer’ on your PC and right click with the mouse on the tomtom removable disc, and select ‘Format’.
-Now that the tomtom is formatted, go to the contents that we previously copied to your computer.

You will need to copy the following folders back to your tomotm removable disc:

MAP folder (UK, GB or Western Europe - depending on which map you have)
VOICES folder
ZIP folder
LOQUENDOS folder (only with Go910)

-Now use TomTom HOME to install the latest application on the device by clicking on ‘download your updates’ and installing the application versions that are available to you.

Then copy any remaining folders across from your computer, ie other maps etc.

This has got it up and running again...... Hope this may help if you come across this again, Thanks again for all your help.....

Twenty Quid well spent.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: