Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems With My Wifes Tom Tom ONE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems With My Wifes Tom Tom ONE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surteeja1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Problems With My Wifes Tom Tom ONE Reply with quote

OK Here we go
I've got a tomtom go 910 that I've had no problems with whatsoever when connecting to my personal PC and using tomtom home to download updates

The wife buys a tomtom ONE a couple of weeks ago and we've had no end of problems when trying to download updates on the same computer

Can't be exactly sure of what she did but she swears she tried to load her disc but it told her that tomtom home was already installed

The basic problem is that whenever you try and download anything it starts installing then errors out. If you disconnect the USB cable you then get the red cross of death.

We've been back to Halfords 4 times to get the SD card formatted and reloaded but every time we try and do anything on my home PC it screws it up.

So my wife loaded the disc on her work laptop and has managed to do a backup. We can format the SD card from her work laptop and do a restore but it's so annoying that we can't use the home PC for both Go 910 and TT One

I tried again last night and my personal PC won't let me format the SD card either!!!!!!

We are both mega confused and frustrated as we are both pretty litereate computer users. The problem the wife has now is that she cannot correlate her personal email address with TT Home on her work PC. It's trying to load a username that it uses for her PC network login. It also won't show any of the TT files in the central 'Computer' section when running TT Home

Any advice welcome because we are just about at the end of our tether.........

[/list]
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I don't know much about it, but from reading on here, I think you need a seperate e-mail address for each TomTom, I will have a look, see If I can finf anything, have you tried doing a "Search"?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To manage two TomToms on one PC and one copy of Home, you just use "Change Device" in the "Device" menu at the top left.

However, it seems that you cannot download Plus services to two devices without having a separate email address and TomTom login account for each unit.

Must admit I'm very worried by you saying you keep going to Halfords and getting the SD card re-formatted and re-loaded. What are they "re-loading" it with? Her personal copy of the maps only existed on that card (unless she managed to do a backup before you formatted it the first time).

Is it actually working OK on its own (ie when NOT connected to the PC) at the moment?
If so, when you connect up to the PC and EXIT home, does the PC recognise the One as anew drive?
If it does that, we're in with a chance.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: