Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom Navigator 6 PDA transfer to Tomtom Go 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom Navigator 6 PDA transfer to Tomtom Go 910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apilking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Navigator 6 PDA transfer to Tomtom Go 910 Reply with quote

I have an Ipaq 4150 runnining Navigator 6 and I upgraded the maps earlier this year (Western Europe) - unfortunately the Ipaq has developed a fault and can be a bit 'flakey'. I have been considering the purchase of a Go 910 and I asked Tomtom how I could identify whether I was getting the latest maps or if Tomtom provided a free upgrade to the maps after the Go 910 was purchased - they couldn't tell me how to identify from the box which maps were installed nor do they provide a free upgrade after purchase - not a good sales pitch but that is what every one expects from Tomtom.
My question is can I take my latest maps from my PDA and transfer them into a Go 910, I'm not too bothered about US & Canada maps being a little out of date.
If they are compatible can anyone outline the process to upgrade.

Many thanks
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Western & Central Europe Map on the 910 will be better than the Western Europe you currently have.

If it has a 650 or 660 Map at the time of purchase, I would say pursue TT in allowing you a free upgrade as the last version (675) was available before you purchased the 910.

Be aware that this would entail a 1.7GB download.

If you Search for "675 upgrade", there are several Topics on how the new Maps were obtained.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: