Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 300 acting very strange any ideas apreciated
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 300 acting very strange any ideas apreciated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueroom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Go 300 acting very strange any ideas apreciated Reply with quote

This is my first post so sorry for being so long ,
I have a go910 that i use for work as a HGV driver and its been brilliant but the mount stopped charging the unit , after three mounts they have taken the unit in to tomtom for repair , BUT I am useless with out it so I bought a go 300 from EBAY it worked fine for ONE day then the stranges thing happened , it stated picking its own route , planning a journey , then choosing to take a bike route or a fastest route or whate ver , it was like the screen just kept being pressed , or like but i was nowhere near it, it has happened a few times since Friday was thye last time , I reset it and that worked once but resetting it on friday did nothing for it, It is sitting here right now as i type behaving itself but creepily when i need it in the middle of a strange town in a 26 tonne truck it goes haywire again.. I use maps toi get to where i am going but the tomtom is my A-Z and i struggle without it . I am thinking of bying a tomtom one as a back up but wondered if anyone had heard of this problem . I have updated the software in home . thanks for reading i hope someone can help
Blueroom
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like there is a fault in the touch screen. Was it bought new or used from EBay?

If it was new, then I would return it and ask for a refund or replacement. If it was used, I wonder why it was being sold?!
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggers wrote:
Sounds to me like there is a fault in the touch screen.

Agree with Daggers. Faulty touch screen.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost certainly the touch screen. An old tip which sometimes helped with problems like this is to get a thin sheet of paper and insert one corner under the edge of the screen then move it round the circumference. Occasionally trapped dirt can cause symptoms such as you describe and this could cure it. Nothing ventured etc!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if its got a screen protector fitted remove it, I had someone bring me a TomTom One to look at last week with this same problem, removed the screen protector fault cleared - Mike
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It maybe not the place to say it but I was told the other day of a Garmin unit, model unknown that had routes for lorries. If you are going to spend money this could be worth considering.
blueroom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys , it was used from ebay and i was so annoyed because I had left her brilliant feedback Just before it packed up , like i said though it does it sporadicly ill try the cleaning thing thanks a lot for your help , I will look up the G thing as well because like i said ealier I hope to get my beloved 910 back soon and that does everything i need bluetooth mp3 etc this was meant as a back up and then sell again on ebay , cant sell a broken thing though its not right .any other ideas still apreciated guys thanks .
Danny

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: